Agile Project Manager
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Company Summary:Founded in 2001, Connections Education is a
leading provider of high-quality, highly accountable online
education solutions for schools, school districts, and students in
grades K12. It serves families and schools with a variety of
digital learning and online school solutions includingConnections
Academy,International Connections Academy, andPearson Connexus. In
2017, Connections Education brings full-time online and blended
school to 65,000 students across the U.S. and abroad, and delivers
online courses to over 340,000 students. In total, over 400,000
students in the U.S. and 48 countries will receive online learning
from Connections Education in 2017. Connections Education is based
in Baltimore, Maryland and was named a Top Workplace by the
Baltimore Sun for the third consecutive year and a 2013 Best Place
to Work by Baltimore magazine. Regularly recognized for its
outstanding curriculum and leadership, Connections Education is
committed to expanding quality education through technology, and
helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Connections Education is part of the global education company,
Pearson.Department SummaryWe are a key component of the business of
Connections Education. By providing a sophisticated platform and
innovative web applications that support the educational activities
of thousands of students, educators, parents, and administrators,
we are changing how the world learns.Here are just a few of the
ways that our products are used:
- Educators create and deliver curriculum and monitor and respond
to student progress.
- Students learn, collaborate, and receive individual attention
- Parents monitor and participate in their childrens learning
- Administrators support the needs of educators, students, and
learning coaches.We need people that support Connections Educations
core values of being brave, imaginative, and decent. Always keeping
these values in mind is a big responsibility but ultimately a
meaningful and important mission. If youre interested in joining
this endeavor, read more.Position SummaryWe are seeking a
well-organized and successful Agile Project Manager to be a key
member of the team to assist in the planning and facilitate the
execution of the software/web applications we produce. We will be
looking for someone who will be responsible for working with and
facilitating multiple Agile teams and provide coaching and
mentorship to their Agile Facilitation peers. Due to the nature of
this position, the applicant will need the ability to work from
home or during off hours as necessary.Responsibilities:
- Coach the team on Agile methodologies, processes, and best
practices as it is implemented and used during the software
development life cycle. This includes working in a hands-on manner
with the teams, as well as in a consultative fashion.
- Work to coordinate multiple concurrent software development
efforts throughout their full lifecycle, which may include several
- Organize and facilitate sprint planning, daily stand-up
meetings, product reviews, retrospectives, backlog grooming, and
- Track and communicate team velocity and progress to both the
customer and the team.
- Ensure lean Agile concepts and principles are adhered to, be a
voice of reason, and make the tough calls in demanding
- Assist teams with making appropriate commitments through user
story selection and task definition.
- Identify and address dependencies by collaborating and
partnering within and beyond ones team for resolution.
- Promote collaboration between self-organizing, cross-functional
software development teams.
- Embrace servant leadership and embody the qualities and
mindsets that are associated with the agile methodology.
- Identify and analyze risks and implement mitigation strategies
with the team and stakeholders.
- Facilitate discussion, proactively resolve conflicts, and, if
needed, escalate appropriately.
- Identify and remove impediments that interfere with the teams
goals or direct them to the appropriate owners for quick
- Support ScrumMaster peers by helping them remove impediments
for their teams.
- Communicate effectively across diverse audiences within and
outside of the team to improve transparency, and radiate
- Develop and evaluate team metrics and make recommendations to
teams and Software Development Leadership for improvements.
- Provide perspective to the team and keep them focused on
critical deliverables and tasks.
- Enact change and continuous improvement to increase the
productivity of the team and quality of deliverables.
- Ensure the teams deliver tested, working functionality in each
- Ensure Agile tracking systems are updated to provide
transparency on the Product and Sprint Backlogs.
- Ensure the implementation of resolutions identified in
retrospective meetings. Motivate and model open communication to
help surface issues for faster resolution.
- Create an environment of team spirit and enthusiasm around what
is being delivered.
- Empower the team to self-organize and continuously improve to
- Follow development process and Agile best practices, and drive
their continuous improvement.
- Identify and champion process or other departmental
improvements coordinating with ScrumMaster peers and/or other
department members for implementation.
- Partner with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness
of the application of Agile Methods in Software Development and
implement best practices.
- Assist with the onboarding of new ScrumMasters and enhance
Agile Facilitation Department best practices by creating valuable
documentation, conducting workshops, and partnering to maintain a
knowledge base of Agile Facilitation practices.
- Mentor ScrumMaster peers coaching them on different Agile
techniques to be used for continuous team improvement.
- Coach additional software development Scrum teams when needed
to help improve the teams overall effectiveness.
- Assist with educating external departments on Agile principles,
techniques, and the value of the methodology.
- Partner with Agile Facilitation Leadership to guide Software
Development towards Agile maturity in accordance with the Agile
Facilitation Department goals.
- Accomplishes department and organization missions by completing
related tasks as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or 3 to 5 years job-related experience in
software development utilizing an Agile framework.
- 3+ plus years of experience as a Scrum Master with a real world
understanding of Agile and its application, supporting tools, and
- Holds a current Agile certification, PMI-ACP, Certified Scrum
Practitioner (CSP), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or equivalent.
- Maintains active membership in Agile organizations to enhance
skills and learn new techniques.
- Experience with Agile techniques including, but not limited to,
User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous
Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Experience with Agile project management tools.
- A strong ability to thrive in a fast-paced technology
- Experience in creating Agile training and workshop
- Able to effectively manage conflict leveraging different
techniques for resolution.
- Understand all elements of the software development life cycle,
including planning, development, requirements management,
Configuration Management, quality assurance, and release
- Strong servant leadership abilities with effective relationship
and team building skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in
writing) and interface with leadership and external departments to
manage expectations and deadlines.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Must be organized, confident, analytical, self-motivated, and
self-directing with a proven ability to identify priorities and
propose solutions to achieve desired results with minimal
- Proven experience coaching and mentoring teams and individuals
to help them adopt Agile practices with continuous
- Must have excellent situational awareness, the ability to
remain calm under pressure and be cognizant of how you are
- Prior experience with Agile transformations is a big plus!The
anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals
expressing interest in this position is $100,000-$100,000. This
position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at:
https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/Learning is the most powerful force
for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver
our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working
towards a common purpose to help everyone achieve their potential
through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital
content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and
qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with
the world around them. We are the worlds leading learning company.
Learn more at pearsonplc.com.Pearson believes that wherever
learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an
anti-racistcompany in everything we do. We value the power of an
inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a
culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are
accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all
individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through
our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make
us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the
center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and
workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive. To learn more
about Pearsons commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce,
please click here:
is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a
member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that
represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The
more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment
is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other
group protected by law.Job: PROJECT/PROGRAMME
MANAGEMENTOrganization: Virtual LearningSchedule: FULL_TIMEReq ID:
Keywords: Pearson, St. Paul , Agile Project Manager, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!