Assistant Restaurant Manager
Company: Houlihan's Restaurant and Bar
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Job DescriptionSUMMARY OF POSITIONAssists the General Manager in
restaurant operations and in achieving planned sales and profit
levels for the restaurant through the implementation, management,
and enforcement of company policies, procedures, programs, and
performance standards. Provide direction to restaurant staff to
ensure maximum guest satisfaction, and quality of work. REPORTING
RELATIONSHIPSReports: Directly to General ManagerInternal:
Extensive contacts with all levels of store personnel.External:
Extensive contacts include guests, distributors, repair
technicians, salespersons, and community organizations and schools.
- Demonstrates principles actions, uses sound judgment and follow
through on commitments.
- Anticipates problems and issues and makes timely and sound
- Demonstrates a passion and working knowledge of food, liquor,
beer and wine.
- Leads by example and maintains a guest first focus.
- Sets and shares goals with team, monitors and tracks progress
- Directly and honestly addresses issues and resolves conflicts
and seeks opportunities for improvement.
- Clarifies roles, responsibilities, priorities and
expectations.POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Assists the General Manager in planning and analyzing
administration and operations manpower.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned and
presented properly n a clean, safe and sanitary manner, according
to all established procedures, performance standards, and local
health department regulations.
- Required, under certain circumstances, to perform/assist all
functions for all positions in the restaurant.
- Ensures the unit's compliance to productivity and service
standards with a sufficient number of well-trained and productive
- Ensures proper management of the facility and equipment through
preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security
measures, and adherence to safety and sanitationrequirements.
- Conducts employee activities to include staffing, training and
conducting performance reviews with all kitchen personnel, as well
as recommending salary increases and issuing employee
- Accountable for accurate financial data to include: payroll,
cash and receipts, productivity, food costs and operating
- Attends unit management meetings; makes presentations as
- Responsible for meeting established objectives during periods
of his/her or Key hourly's supervision.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to
achieve guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for all communications with regard to system
breakdowns and deficiencies.
- Ensures the thorough training and development of Key Hourly and
other non-exempt personnel supervised, and the documentation
thereof. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIROMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Extensive standing and walking for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to see at a distance (20) feet, at close range (12
inches), distinguish between shapesand utilize peripheral vision to
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depts. of 2 1⁄2 -
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space
- Must have time management skills
- Must be able to read, write and perform addition/subtraction
- Must be able to control and utilize fingers to write, slice
chop and operate equipment.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy
pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 50 pounds for
distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Exposure to dish and cleaning chemicals EDUCATION LEVEL
REQUIREDHigh school diploma; some college or degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREDOne to 2 years previous managerial experience;
preferably in the food services industry. DisclaimerThis position
description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working
conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be
an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential
for making decisions related to job performance, employee
development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform
other duties and responsibilities as required.
Keywords: Houlihan's Restaurant and Bar, St. Paul , Assistant Restaurant Manager, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!