Purchasing/ Operations Manager - Inside Sales
Company: Advance Shoring Company
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Advance Specialties Company; St. Paul, MNAdvance is offering a
tremendous career opportunity for a motivated individual with
experience in purchasing and inside sales. Concrete and masonry
specialties related experience preferred.JOB SUMMARY:This position
is responsible for all aspects of the Specialties City Desk.
Situated at the central hub of company activity, this position
facilitates clear, accurate and efficient communication between the
office, warehouse and the customer. Major duties include
purchasing, directing Specialties warehouse employees, lead
generation as well as working directly with customers and
Specialties Sales staff.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate our core values of customer responsiveness,
integrity, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Assisting customers in person as well as over the phone and via
email. Provide clear communication with the customer as well as
sales and warehouse staff.
- Evaluate current and prospective suppliers to ensure that they
meet the organization's needs. This includes pricing, quality,
lead-times, service and support provided by the supplier.
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure quality products,
taking all related factors into consideration.
- Maintain good working relationships with our vendors.
- Seek out and evaluate new products and vendors that can assist
in servicing our customer's needs. Identify vendor specials and
promotional events to secure products and/or services with the most
benefit to the company.
- Monitors the status of customer orders, coordinating efficient
and accurate order fulfillment and providing customer status
updates as needed.
- Promote product sales and provide accurate account
- Possess a good working knowledge of products we represent and
offer recommendations to the customer.
- Develop, build and maintain business relationships with
suppliers, customers and colleagues.
- Communicate marketing, supply and sales information to
- Maintain complete and accurate shipping documents, often
dealing with multiple orders at one time.
- Work closely with and supervise Specialties warehouse staff to
ensure timely and accurate order fulfillment.
- Oversee the receipt of products into the system upon receipt at
- Stay on top of industry trends and new products as related to
- Maintain and improve point of sale and showroom displays.
- Compile quotes for customers as well as outside Specialties
- Actively identify and quote all public jobs via online plan
rooms (Builders Exchanges, Etc.)
- Forecast Specialties inventory needs and ensure proper stock
levels are maintained.
- Understand workplace hazards and take steps to proactively
prevent hazards and injuries in the workplace. Prepare the
appropriate reports as needed.
- Perform other duties deemed necessary to support the company's
- Work with customers in a courteous and professional
manner.REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma, College degree not required, however is
preferred; or three to five years related experience and/or
training: or equivalent combination of education and
- Purchasing and inside sales experience. Construction related
businesses, specifically in the area of concrete and masonry
- Proficient computer knowledge including, but not limited to
SAGE, Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Ability to acquire & maintain vendor and customer
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Inventory management skills.
- Excellent sales & customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong mathematic skills.
- High level of organization and the ability to meet
- Detail oriented.
- Positive and professional attitude.We offer a highly
competitive benefits including medical, dental and vision
insurance, a 401(k) plan with a generous company matched
contribution, life & disability insurance, paid holidays, sick time
and vacation.Advance Specialties Company / Advance Shoring Company
are Women owned and are an EOE, in a drug-free environment.Job
Type: -This is a full-time position with normal business hours
Monday thru Friday, 40 hours per week. This position may require
occasional overtime and weekend work.Hide
Keywords: Advance Shoring Company, St. Paul , Purchasing/ Operations Manager - Inside Sales, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!