Operations Accounting Manager
Company: Baldinger Bakery
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Position Overview: The Operations Accounting Manager acts as the
accounting liaison to the Director of Finance, providing financial
representation and support for Baldinger Bakery manufacturing
facility. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
financial budgeting, forecasting, variance analyses, performance
analyses, standard cost development, inventory valuation, and
coordination of data collection to support local and corporate
financial systems, as well as additional analyses and reports as
required to support financial and plant management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist plant management in implementing financial and performance
measurement systems in line with local needs and corporate
- Prepare analyses necessary to create or maintain standard costs
for new and existing products and processes, as necessary. Explain
variances to standard, using EDY report and key materials analysis
provided in SAP.
- Prepare pricing analysis, with support including standard cost
build-ups, for new products for review by top management.
- Manage cost accounting processes, including the closing of
process orders on a weekly basis and review of cost centers
variances, profit center variances and process order reports.
- Review physical inventory of raw materials and finished goods and
list of differences, prior to posting by the plant.
- Review capital and repair project proposals with Plant Manager
and monitor status of projects against planned spending.
- Understand and analyze production variances. Work with Plant
Manager to develop corrective actions, when necessary. Prepare and
support changes in standard costs as a results of commodity price
and process changes implemented.
- With Plant Manager, prepare annual budgets, including
- Partner with Baldinger Bakery management to drive efficiencies
and implement process improvements and cost control measures.
- Provide direction and support to the plant wherever appropriate
related to plant financial monitoring, measurement, reporting,
analysis, and projection.
- Ensure effective information flow between the plant and corporate
offices to support all centralized financial functions.
- Complete account reconciliations in accordance with corporate
schedule and policy. Complete and support schedules provided for
the annual audit.
- Review parked accounts payable documents for Baldinger Bakery for
appropriate account classification.
- Drive process improvements, both system and non-system
- Other duties may be assigned as business necessitates.
- Abide by and ensure plant personnel are following all GMP's,
Personal Safety, Food Safety, HACCP, and SQF Rules. Adheres to the
Baldinger Code of Conduct.
- Role model behaviors that display teamwork, respect,
professionalism, and that also reflect the Vision and Mission of
Baldinger Bakery and CHG.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn as part of the
organization's continuous improvement process.
- Works in a safe manner and promptly reports hazards identified in
the work environment.
Environment: Office setting with frequent exposure to plant
operations to observe inventory, meet with Plant Manager and/or key
department heads. Operation is a multiple line plant, with
additional complexities due to the existence of finished product,
inventories maintained at numerous locations, larger volumes, as
well as pricing analysis needs for third party products. In
addition, Baldinger Bakery has their own distribution functions for
Education and Experience/Knowledge Requirements:
- B.S. in accounting or equivalent.
- CPA or MBA strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of Cost Accounting experience and proficiency.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Strong computer skills, including data integration in
multi-platform environments. Must be very competent in Excel. A
working knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills and proven ability to apply them in
complex, multidisciplinary problem-solving situations.
- Ability to translate complex applications issues into manageable
- Supervises staff of 2 or more.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Able to sit for prolonged periods of time at a computer
- Able to stoop, bend and crouch as needed.
- Work environment involves moderate exposure to physical risks,
such as working around mechanical, chemical, fire, and electrical
- Personal protective equipment, as defined by Baldinger Bakery,
will be provide.
Additional Information: Essential position functions and education
and experience are representative of the minimum levels of
education, experience and knowledge required to perform the vital
duties of the position. The position description does not
constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Baldinger
Bakery reserves the right to revise or change essential position
functions and/or required duties and responsibilities as the need
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Keywords: Baldinger Bakery, St. Paul , Operations Accounting Manager, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!