Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Terminal Manager is responsible for the management of the
facility, creating a safe and desirable work environment in order
to produce an acceptable profit margin while excelling in service
quality and maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Maintain building, grounds, and equipment by arranging for
regularly scheduled maintenance utilizing lead personnel and
getting quotes and/or approval on corrective maintenance.
- Provide input on an annual basis regarding capital expenditure
projects for the facility.
- Maintain safe and environmentally correct practices and
procedures by adhering to all Company SOP's.
- Complete and file all required reporting.
- Maintain waste logs, prepare drums for, and complete shipments
of waste off-site.
- Prepare and submit to environmental engineering all reports or
requests for information from the federal and state governmental
- Provide training for all tank cleaners and office personnel at
the facility. Provide tank cleaners with daily tasks during shift
- Hire, discipline, reward, and terminate employees in accordance
with current corporate policy. Provide input to HR on all union
contract negotiations (where applicable).
- Conduct daily, weekly, and detailed quarterly safety audits of
the facility. Conduct documented monthly safety meetings.
- Assist in sales effort to increase revenues by seeking new
revenue opportunities and maintaining tight cost controls by using
corporate authorized vendors, minimizing overtime, conserving
assets, and proper management techniques.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years experience in tank wash or related industry
- 5+ years of management experience
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to make decisions and problem-solve with little
- Skilled in MS Office and Internet applications
Physical Abilities, Environments, and Equipment
The following physical abilities, environments, and equipment may
be met during a typical working day:
- Repetitive Motion
- Confined Spaces
- Haz Materials
- Extreme Temperatures
- Office Setting
- Hard Hat
- Dust Mask
- Ear Plugs
This job description is intended to convey information essential to
understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level
of work performed by job holders within this job. However, it is
not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills,
efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated
with the position, and is subject to change at any time per
In return, Quala offers competitive salaries, prides itself on
promoting from within, and offers a comprehensive benefits package
including medical/dental/vision insurance, short-term and long-term
disability, life and voluntary life insurance, 401K with match,
medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, paid time
off and 9 paid holidays.
Quala is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to
apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of a
criminal background check, drug screen, and physical exam. Must be
legally authorized to work in the United States.
Keywords: Quala, St. Paul , Terminal Manager, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!