Property Manager opportunities in greater Minneapolis, MN
Company: CommonBond Communities
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our
model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and
achieving their goals. It's why we're more than housing—we combine
quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage
Services—because we believe that with the right support and
opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000
people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities
and other barriers—call a CommonBond community "home." Our core
values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and
Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody
them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds
like you, please consider joining our team.
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- Ongoing training and professional development
Are you interested in joining an amazing organization that values
and promotes work-life balance? Would you like to develop new
skills and have opportunities for growth? Consider CommonBond
Communities! Due to continued growth and internal movement (we
encourage our employees to pursue locations and opportunities at
any time) CommonBond Communities is hiring property managers
throughout Minneapolis! Our Property Managers are responsible for
managing the daily operations of the site in order to provide a
fiscally sound, well-maintained and socially healthy apartment
community. Our Property Managers also provide leadership and
guidance to our property management team. If you are interested in
joining the CommonBond team, we encourage you to apply; let's start
In addition to the hourly rate, a sign-on bonus of $3,000 minus
applicable taxes will be included! ($1,500 paid after 90 days of
employment; $1,500 paid after 6 months of employment).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
- Ensures compliance with state, federal and local laws.
- Complies with all city requirements and submit monthly
- Stays abreast of any changes in fair housing.
- Develops and maintains effective, professional relationship
with residents, the community and owners/owner boards.
- Maintains customer service and excellent relations with
residents, resident cooperatives, outside agencies and
- Walks property at regular intervals to ensure resident property
rules are being followed and that the property is clean and orderly
and in good maintenance condition
- Confers with maintenance technician concerning deferred
maintenance, the operational budget, staff problems and overall
maintenance related issues.
- Supervises, directs, trains and evaluates staff. Prepares
yearly employee reviews
- Directs assistant manager in collections.
- Meets Company benchmarks for occupancy, rent collections and
timely compliance paperwork.
- Operates property within budgeted income and expense
- Obtains bids and supervises capital or contract service.
- Assists or prepares annual budget for the property.
- Reviews and codes all invoices for payment.
- Tracks and evaluates utility costs.
- Prints monthly reports concerning lease expiration dates and
calculates rent increases.
- Enters all data into YARDI.
- Maintains accurate waiting list. Selects and screens new
- Reports to regional manager and/or vice president of property
management prior to hiring, terminating or making wage or position
adjustments of on-site personnel. Authorizes staff payroll.
- Works on the last day and first day of each month until
- Leases apartments; implements and maintains effective
advertising and marketing plan.
- Obtains bids and supervises capital or contract service.
- Meets all corporate designated deadlines.
- Implements staff, program and/or site improvements contained in
budget and OPM.
- Implements procedures as outlined in the Red Book. (Emergency
- Supervises and purchases janitorial, maintenance and office
- Keeps regional manager informed on operational and financial
- Implements comprehensive marketing strategy to meet
predetermined vacancy standards.
- Shows apartments.
- Prepares monthly newsletter for entire complex.
- Plans and coordinates resident activities.
- Plans and coordinates model apartments.
- Holds regular Crime Watch meetings.
Resident Services (for Core Site properties)
- Collaborate with residents to maintain lease compliance and
- Plan and coordinate community building opportunities for
- Provide essential supportive services to residents,
- Resources and referrals o Lease education
- Individualized assistance, as necessary rec:max
- Knowledge of government subsidy programs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook and
- Two years experience in property management, leasing and staff
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong marketing and leasing skills.
- Strong motivational skills.
- Ability to self-direct.
- Ability to manage multiple projects or tasks.
- Proficient office skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Willingness to coordinate resident activities.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent collection skills.
- Proficient on the computer.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding and consistent use of YARDI
software and EZ Labor.
- Excellent accounting skills.
- Typing speed of 40 to 50 wpm.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Basic understanding of Affordable Housing Program.
- Basic knowledge of apartment maintenance and construction.
- Commitment to the property performance.
- Associate's degree or equivalent two years experience in
property management, business or real estate.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to type.
- Walking and stair climbing.
- Smoke free work environment
- Quiet to moderate noise level.
- Overtime as necessary.
- Showing of apartments or walking property in adverse weather
Keywords: CommonBond Communities, St. Paul , Property Manager opportunities in greater Minneapolis, MN, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!