Accounting Manager / Accounts Payable Manager
Company: Creative Financial Staffing
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: November 23, 2021
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MANAGER (A/P Manager) JOB SUMMARY The Accounts
Payable Manager will be responsible for managing, directing, and
overseeing the operational functions and activities of the Accounts
Payable department; ensuring workflow requirements are performed in
a timely and accurate manner; maintaining cost effective and
efficient processes; and delivering superior internal and external
customer service in support of organizational goals. Must be a
great leader, mentor, and communicator to ensure the goals of the
department and company are met. Must be a positive role model for
the team. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the Accounts Payable Team including evaluating the
performance of direct reports and mentoring employees. Manage team
productivity, accuracy and quality in processing vendor invoices
- Partner with stakeholders to create actionable AP metrics
(KPI's) and develop a structure for periodic business reviews.
- Ensure compliance within the areas of AP and disbursement
- Oversee invoice approval process through a 3-way match ERP
- Provide accounting assistance to management and employees
related to vendor expenses and payment processing research, expense
analysis, and procedures.
- Partnering with Procurement department to resolve purchase
order and vendor invoice issues.
- Lead investigating and handling complex invoice processing
discrepancies, payment issues, and complaints.
- Ensure timely approval and payment of the Company's invoices,
utilizing best practices to ensure the most efficient use of the
Company's cash and internal customers' time in accordance with
established policies and procedures.
- Ensure all vendor inquires and statements are
reviewed/addressed in a timely manner.
- Prepare month-end closing tasks, including month end AP
- Support all internal and external audits related to Accounts
- Implement, maintain, and document effective internal control
structure and environment.
- Assist with internal and external audits as needed.
- Preparing ad-hoc projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (or related field of
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience as an Accounts Payable
- Prior experience with large Financial systems (SAP, Oracle,
- Strong working experience and knowledge of internal controls
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (proficient in Microsoft Word,
PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with high
attention to detail required.
- A/P reporting experience.
- Experience working within a high-volume AP environment.
- Ability to work with all levels to identify and fix
- Experience with a large company that has multi-location,
multi-state setting. Compensation: $100,000 to $140,000 +
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing, St. Paul , Accounting Manager / Accounts Payable Manager, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!