Company: Abbott Laboratories
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.OVERVIEW:The Art Director
is responsible for designing and leading a team of graphic
designers through the creative process supporting the Abbott
medical device division. They oversee the concept, design and
execution of product campaigns, marketing collateral, trade show
graphics, digital applications, etc. The Art Director works closely
with the creative director to develop leading-edge concepts for
marketing initiatives. Lastly, they participate in the management
of the Abbott brand visually, giving guidance and recommendations
to internal and external clients.MAIN REPSONSIBILITIES:* Lead a
team of designers.
* Ensure concept/design consistency across client initiatives and
* Create, develop and execute more complex quality designs for
marketing vehicles including print, digital and interactive
* Work well within a singular brand and creatively explore it's
* Coordinate and prioritize design efforts across campaigns and
* Present concept/design decks and storyboards to internal
* Remain informed of all industry news, creative and general
* Collaborate with manager, designers, writers, other marketing
team members and internal stakeholders to ensure the appropriate
concepts, themes and messages are represented effectively and
consistently for the business objective(s) and audience(s).
* Ensures assignments adhere to the approved brand and messaging
guidelines to maintain our corporate identity.
* Experience presenting information and ideas to clients and
* Experience generating creative, innovative ideas in a short
QUALIFICATIONS:* 5+ years of art direction or senior graphic design
experience within an internal or external agency.
* Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts or related
* At least two years of experience leading the design of projects
from concept to completion.
* At least two years of experience leading a design team.
* Strong portfolio demonstrating ability to concept and direct
ideas, teams and final product.
* Polished client presentation skills.
* Strong organizational and management skills.
* Ability to envision creative ways to leverage online ideas and
* High level of proficiency in branding, online marketing and media
* Able to integrate big ideas through all mediums.
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, St. Paul , Art Director, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!