Company: Adecco USA
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: November 22, 2021
General Information Contract Manager To analyze, develop,
negotiate, implement and manage the solicitation, administration
and compliance of contracts for various district departments.
Prepare solicitations and contracts within budget limits
established by the board, and federal & state regulations in
accordance with established District procurement policies. Review
contract performance and direct corrective action when appropriate;
and to develop evaluation criteria and scoring systems to assess
and rank solicitations, and to perform related duties as assigned.
Qualifications Education: Bachelor's Degree in business
administration, public administration, business law or a field
related to the area assigned. Experience: Four years of experience
in business administration, public administration, business law or
a field related to the area assigned. Substitution: A Master's
Degree in business administration, public administration, business
law or a field related to the area assigned may substitute for two
years of experience. Certifications/Licensure: None required.
Public sector contract administration and/or procurement
certifications desired. Preferred Experience: Public sector
procurement and contract administration and management. Exposure to
risk management and insurance highly desirable. Experience with
Best Value Contracting highly desired for this position.
Responsibilities EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Act on behalf of the Purchasing Manager in his/her absence to
monitor and enforce District procurement policy.
- Promote a diverse, culturally competent, and respectful
- Coordinate all phases of contract preparation for department /
schools as requested. Responsible for the preparation of Requests
for Proposals (RFP) and Board Agenda Items (BAI) related to
contracts as required by District procurement policies.
- Analyze contract proposals for conformance with established
intent, reasonableness and allow ability of fiscal costs, and
service delivery methodologies.
- Analyze and collect data to monitor trends and developments
related to District needs, contract development and performance
based on the needs of the District.
- Analyze and interpret changes in laws, rules and regulations;
implement these changes into contracts to ensure compliance as
related to contract development and implementation.
- Responsible for contract administration, monitoring performance
measures and outcomes and ensuring contracts include compliance
with prevailing wages, state and federal statutes and laws, and
District procurement rules; and conduct site visits to monitor
- Negotiate with vendors on contract terms, service expectations,
performance measures, termination of contract provider cost
factors, and budgetary factors.
- Responsible for contract monitoring and performance outcomes,
insurance issues and other contractual issues such as any
certifications, or licensure requirements.
- Represent the Purchasing & Contract Services department on
interdepartmental planning teams by providing technical assistance,
and review of contract specifications.
- Consult with providers regarding contracting procedures and
methods; may assist and guide provider through complex
- Prepare written reports, both internal and external, regarding
individual contracts; groups of similar contracts; contract policy
and procedures; problem areas or changes in rules and
- Prepare written recommendations to the leadership staff /
- Conduct meetings with provider agencies for negotiating
resolutions to contract problems, changes or amendments.
- Review contract compliance and if necessary may initiate
corrective action or recommendations for correction or
- Develop evaluation criteria and scoring system(s) for
solicitations to assess and rank solicitations to the degree to
which requirements and priorities are met.
- Manage the school district's liability insurance functions
which will include negotiation of contracts with insurance
provider, managing certificates of insurance for District
agreements, and risk management functions. (The work assigned to a
position in this classification may not include all possible tasks
in this description and does not limit the assignment of any
additional tasks in this classification. Regular attendance
according to the position's management approved work schedule is
required.) SUPERVISORY/MANAGERIAL RESPONSIBILITY & WORK
ENVIRONMENT: Supervisory/Managerial Responsibility: Act on behalf
of Purchasing Manager on limited basis. Work Environment: Work is
typically performed in an office environment, involving the
operation of computerized office equipment and viewing a computer
screen up to six hours daily. INTERNAL/EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS &
IMPACT ON SERVICES/OPERATIONS: Internal/External Relationships:
Daily contact with department staff working as a team in contract
development and implementation; and with provider management and
executive officers fostering a possible ongoing business
relationship in contract development, implementation and compliance
issues as well as discussing problems and conflicts related to
contracted services. Regular contact with the District Finance
and/or Legal departments concerning specific problems or issues,
contract language, compliance issues and sign-offs. Monthly contact
with department directors to respond to concerns and policy issues,
provide information, review contract compliance and participate in
problem resolution; and with other funding agencies regarding
grants, services, funding and compliance issues. Occasional contact
with District Board administration support staff. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of the mission, policies and procedures of the
- Knowledge of management or organizational theory and
- Knowledge of contract development, execution, and
- Knowledge of insurance documentation and requirements.
- Knowledge of state and federal statues and laws governing
procurement and contracts.
- Skill in written and verbal communication.
- Skill in negotiations.
- Skill in use of various software programs, such as Office.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with
managers and staff at all organizational levels.
- Ability to plan, delegate and direct work in a team work
- Ability to organize workload, meet deadlines and set work
- Ability to quickly comprehend and assimilate a large volume of
- Ability to maintain goal-directed focus in diverse areas
- Ability to integrate conceptual and technical knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of
people, both individually and as a committee or team member.
- Ability to use a computerized management information
- Ability to interpret legal guidelines Equal Opportunity
Employer/Veterans/DisabledTo read our Candidate Privacy Information
Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
navigate to The Company will consider qualified applicants with
arrest and conviction records
Keywords: Adecco USA, St. Paul , Contract Manager, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!