Account Manager- Underwriting Assistant -Management Liability/Private Non-Profit
Company: Travelers Group
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Perform standard duties utilizing developed procedures on
assignments of moderate complexity. Follows standard policies to
complete work. Works within moderate limits to process
applications. Possesses procedural knowledge and skills that enable
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
May include all or the majority but not limited to these
(ML-Management Liability, O-Operations, S-Surety Bonds)
- Pre-quote and post-bind underwriting activities, by account
- Bills, assembles and distributes Bond products according to
- Books and issues (O).
- Understands policy documents.
- Solicitation requirements (O).
- Pre-populates Workbook with easily-available financial and
other data (O, ML).
- Pulls prospect lists for underwriting teams from the
- Scrub and distribute new business leads from Middle Market to
the underwriting teams (ML).
- Assist in the Polaris training of new underwriters (ML).
- New business processing including extended time and/or warranty
- Set up renewal solicitation for each underwriting team
including storage of proof of notice in the EFC (ML).
- Pull credit, Guidestar, Westlaw and ERISA reports.
- Closeout of bonds with extended time and/or warranty provisions
- New business and closeout with deviated commission scales
- Complete management of Final Contract Price report process
including pulling the reports, compiling the final price
information, sending to the agent and managing the process through
final closeout and processing of over/under run premiums (S).
- New business processing involving joint ventures (S).
- New business processing involving co-sureties (S).
- May assist in audits, set up of QAP forms (ML); QAP action
- Processes cancellations.
- Process Mid-Term changes, surety riders (S).
- Follow-up on non-pays (S).
- Review delinquency pay and follow up with agency. Monitor and
review all past-due obligations (60 and 90 day) (ML).
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's degree or one year of work experience
- Basic software skills required (Windows MS Office).
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Typically has 2 or more years of experience in the Insurance
Licensing or Certificates
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Understanding of insurance terms and Underwriting instructions:
- Communication: Basic
- Demonstrates effective verbal, written and listening
- Customer Focus: Intermediate
- Provides service excellence to internal or external
- MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to
learn computer systems: Basic
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Careers at Travelers
When you work at Travelers, life's most important moments become
your life's work. That means helping families feel secure,
businesses to prosper, knowing that you've made a difference, and
feeling like you belong to something bigger. It also means being
part of a team comprised of 30,000 + talented and passionate people
that are evolving to meet changing needs - from customer service to
data science and beyond. If that's more than you imagined in an
insurance career, it's time to join us at Travelers.
Keywords: Travelers Group, St. Paul , Account Manager- Underwriting Assistant -Management Liability/Private Non-Profit, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!