Company: TALENT Software Services
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Project ManagerJob Summary: Talent Software Services is in
search of a Project Manager for a contract position in St. Paul,
MN. Opportunity will be one year with a strong chance for a
long-term extension. Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Understands the Project drivers and expected business
- Develops the Project management plans in collaboration with key
stakeholders to achieve business outcomes.
- Performs stakeholder management.
- Facilitates the day-to-day aspects of Project schedule, budget,
scope, and quality.
- Directs the activities of Project resources.
- Logs and follows through to disposition Project-related risks,
action items, issues, and decisions.
- Performs risk management; escalates issues and risks as
- Monitors progress and reports status.
- Provides complete transparency.
- Controls scope to achieve value within the approved time and
cost; recommends timely corrective actions.
- Collaboratively generates alternatives and provides options for
more timely or less expensive solutions.
- Project Management Plans
- Scope statement
- Work Breakdown Structure (if applicable)
- Project Schedule
- Budget Resource/Staffing Plan
- RAID Register
- Action Items
- Communication Plan
- Quality Management Plan
- Transition Plan
- Status Reports Qualifications:
- B.S. or B.A. degree (4 year) (or Associates degree plus an
additional 5 years' experience)
- 5+ years experience in a Project management role
- Intermediate-level skills MS Office Suite and MS Project
- Experience managing projects in state, county, or city
governments or non-profit sector
- PMP certification from PMI, or other Project management
- Criminal Justice System background
- Diversity, Racial Equity and Inclusion Training
- Experience with Community Engagement
- Note: Diverse and bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged
- Business acumen
- Elicitation skills
- Relationship-building skills
- Practical and pragmatic process-orientation; efficient and
- Has or can quickly earn trust and credibility with stakeholders
and Project team through action and transparency.
- An "honest broker can deliver bad news in good ways.
- Ability to communicate up-down-and-across.
- Influencing skills
- Analytical, strategic, creative, and systems thinking
- General management skills
- Ability to analyze problems, identify and evaluate options, and
- Ability to determine priorities, plan workload, and meet
- Ability to develop and manage budgets.
- Knowledge of Project management best practices; ability to
adapt to the needs of the organization/Project.
- Performs at high levels under pressure, even during
- Coachable; open and receptive to continual feedback
- Proficient in MS Office suite and collaboration tools. If this
job is a match for your background, we would be honored to receive
your application! Providing consulting opportunities to TALENTed
people since 1987, we offer a host of opportunities including
contract, contract to hire and permanent placement. Let's
Keywords: TALENT Software Services, St. Paul , Project Manager, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!