Director - Eye Care
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: April 3, 2021
- Department: Surgical Spec Leadership Admin
- City: St Paul, MN
- Location: HP - St Paul Specialty Center--401
- Position Type: Full-Time
- Anticipated Work Schedule: M-F; Core business hours
- Hrs/Pay Period: 80 Job Description:
At HealthPartners, you'll find a culture where we live our values
of excellence, compassion, integrity and partnership. By working
together, we will improve health and well-being, create exceptional
experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more
affordable. We currently have an exciting opportunity for Director
- Eye Care. The Director of Eye Care provides administrative
leadership for site operations and practice management for the
specialty care physician group practices within their areas of
accountability (Ophthalmology, Optometry, and Optical). The
Director ensures that goals for quality, service and financial
performance are met within the Division and works in dyad
partnership model with their department heads (Ophthalmology and
Optometry) within their areas of accountability. Required
- Bachelor's degree in health related field.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in health related fields with
at least 5 years management/supervisory experience, preferably in
the healthcare industry.
- Demonstrated skills in budget forecasting, development and
monitoring and in the planning process. Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's degree in health related field Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the supervision of staff, including having the
authority to hire, transfer, lay off, promote, discipline and
discharge, train, reward and review performance of employees.
Ensures compliance to organizational and departmental policies and
- Together with the department heads, identifies strategy and
tactics for each department that aligns with the vision of the
Surgery Service Line, Care Group and HealthPartners overall.
- Identifies opportunities for new business development.
- Participates in the development of the culture within specialty
care that focuses on high quality care and service to patients and
collegial respect for physicians and staff.
- Provides positive influence within the leadership of the Care
Group, contributing to its long-term success.
- Analyzes and interprets financial reports for areas of
- Manages all financial aspects of the practice including capital
and budget development and expense management.
- Proactively responds to market trends in department practice
productivity and reimbursement.
- Partners with Physicians and Coding Services to ensure accurate
and timely revenue cycle management. Operational Management
- Responsible for site management and operations for all
locations where the specialty departments practice.
- Identifies opportunities to improve patient care through
improvement in flow and development of prepared practice teams
focused on patient service.
- Responsible for revenue cycle management.
- Accountable to develop and maintain effective, timely systems
for communication and problem-solving within and between specialty
care departments and divisions and primary care. Care Improvement
- Implements care improvement initiatives aimed at improving
quality, service and supports STEEEP (safe, timely, effective,
efficient, equitable, patient-centered) care.
- Measures and monitors defined standards for quality patient
care, patient and physician satisfaction and customer service.
- Facilitates, leads and manages care teams through process
- Maintains excellent relationships and communication within the
surgery service line, across the Care Group, and HP.
- Effectively partners with department leaders to build and
maintain a positive culture and manage effective human capital
management strategies. Partnership
- Understands Twin Cities market dynamics to assure surgery
service line, Care Group, and HP success.
- Develops/maintains relationship with key community
stakeholders. HealthPartners is recognized nationally for providing
outstanding care and experience for patients and members. We offer
an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and
to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for Job ID
#59155. Additional Information:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: HealthPartners, St. Paul , Director - Eye Care, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!