Medical Vice President of Access and Efficiency
Company: Fairview Health Services
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Fairview is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on
the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Persons
with hearing or speech disabilities may contact us via their
preferred Telecommunication Relay Service. Medical Vice President
of Access and Efficiency (Internal applicants only) in Saint Paul,
Minnesota - Careers at HE-Midway Corporate Campus Skip to Main
Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in
your browser to experience all the personalized features of this
site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page
Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! Medical Vice
President of Access and Efficiency (Internal applicants only) Job
Locations US-MN-Saint Paul Requisition Post Information* : Posted
Date 3 days ago (2/17/2021 4:04 PM) Requisition ID 2021-68734
Location Midway Corporate Campus Profession Physician Specialty
Internal Medicine Practice Description M Health Fairview seeks a
Medical Vice President of Access and Efficiency. This new role will
have accountability for Urgent/Unscheduled Care, Virtual Care,
Community Outreach, Employer-Based Clinics, the Mall of America
Clinic, and our partnership with the HTC (Health Transformation
Center). Job Summary: The VP of Medical Practice provides clinical
leadership for the Primary Care service line and is responsible for
high quality, effective and efficient operational and clinical
services within primary care. Develops and executes short, medium
and long range strategic plans for the service line that align with
Fairview strategic goals and objectives. Serves as the primary link
between Physician Chief/Service Line President and employed
physicians within primary care and is actively engaged and visibly
present across the service line. Collaborates with other areas
within the system to provide primary care leadership input into
strategy and operational plans. Partners with other service lines
to enhance coordination between programs and improve the
effectiveness of the entire network. Works to enhance group
practice effectiveness and achieve operational and clinical goals.
Promotes the use of evidence-based medicine and addresses cost
drivers throughout primary care. Develops and enhances the ability
of Primary Care to deliver capacity and capabilities consistent
with the population needs of the communities served. Leads or
participates in key meetings and/or committee work. Responds to
escalated provider/staff conflict and patient complaints. FTE: 1.0
(.5 administrative/.5 clinical) Job Expectations:
- Creates and provides leadership to a management team of
medical, operations and administrative staff including professional
and personal development, interventions and coaching, giving and
inviting feedback, modeling and developing values-based
- Ensures that business objectives, responsibilities, authority,
and accountability of all direct reports are defined and
- Serves as primary source of connection and engagement between
Physician Chief/Service Line President and physicians and
- Actively executes initiatives to optimally align physicians
with clinical, operational and financial performance of Primary
Care service line.
- Collaborate with other executive team members to effectively
execute strategies and tactics of primary care.
- Has operational accountability for success of the Primary Care
service line in the following areas:
Strategy development and execution
- Assists in the identification of areas of potential improvement
and sponsors or participates in efforts to optimize those
opportunities. Works with management/staff from other areas within
Fairview to enhance performance for areas of responsibility and
- Collaborates with other leaders within Fairview and strategic
partners, and engage with community leaders to achieve Fairview
strategic goals and improve the health of communities we
- Directly supervises physician leadership at clinics. Oversees
medical staff development plans, and provider recruitment. Ensures
competency of physicians and authorized practitioners.
- Ensures scope of practice is clearly defined for each site and
provider within primary care.
- Implements and maintains clinical policies and protocols,
actively promoting the provision of quality healthcare and
excellent patient satisfactions.
- Gives input to administrative management staff in the
development, maintenance, and implementation and execution of
effective financial, strategic and tactical plans for areas of
- Ensures competency of clinical staff and supports peer review
Organization Expectations, as applicable:
- Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting
approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences
of population served--
- Partners with patient care giver in care/decision making.
- Communicates in a respectful manner.
- Ensures a safe, secure environment.
- Individualizes plan of care to meet patient needs.
- Modifies clinical interventions based on population
- --Provides patient education based on as assessment of learning
needs of patient/care giver.
- Fulfills all organizational requirements
- Completes all required learning relevant to the role
- Complies with all relevant laws, regulation and policies
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications Education:
- Medical Doctorate degree (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
or foreign equivalent from an accredited school of medicine.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME or AOA training program.
- Minimum of five-years of experience in clinical or hospital
- Minimum of five years of healthcare administrative/operational
experience with progressive leadership responsibility
- Ability to lead and lead change, ability to lead by
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong interpersonal and team/group dynamics skills. Ability to
balance the needs and perspectives of multiple constituencies and
assist groups in decision making.
- Collaborative work style
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written,
listening and presentation skills
- Independent decision making
- Ability to multitask and be flexible
- Strong financial statement / budgeting experience
- Board Certified with the American Board of Medical Specialties
or American Osteopathic Association.
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical
- Ability to obtain and /or maintain DEA certification for the
State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and
- Active in medical and patient communities
- Experience with serving as a diplomat; mentor and motivator
Community Information This Medical VP of Access and Efficiency with
will within the entire Primary Care Service Line.-- Options Apply
for this job online Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Loading... Need help finding the right job? Connect with Us!Click
here to get started.
Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning,
nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full
spectrum of health care services. Fairview is one of the most
comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state,
with 12 hospitals-including an academic medical center and
long-term care hospital-serving the greater Twin Cities metro area
and north-central Minnesota.
Its broad continuum also includes 56 primary care clinics,
specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty
pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation
centers, counseling and home health care services, medical
transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer
PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota,
Fairview's 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace
innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Fairview Health Services, St. Paul , Medical Vice President of Access and Efficiency, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!