Assistant Property Manager - Saint Paul
Company: CommonBond Communities
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 12, 2021
CommonBond invites qualified applicants to apply for a full-time
Assistant Property Manager position at Torre De San Miguel in Saint
Paul, MN. Torre De San Miguel has 140-unit family townhomes and is
conveniently located across the river from Downtown St. Paul,
schools, shopping areas and restaurants, and parks. The primary
responsibility of the Assistant Property Manager is to assist the
property manager with the daily operations of the community by
coordinating the marketing, rental, and occupancy along with a
strong focus on customer service and community relations. In
addition, this position requires daily administrative duties with
respect to both the management office and the apartment
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our
model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and
achieving their goals. It's why we're more than housing—we combine
quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage
Services—because we believe that with the right support and
opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000
people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities
and other barriers—call a CommonBond community "home." Our core
values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and
Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody
them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds
like you, please consider joining our team.
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- Employee referral program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- Ongoing training and professional development
- A chance to make the difference in the community!
- Prepares all resident files to include all preparatory
- Sets up appointments for lease signings and follows through
with all appropriate paperwork.
- Prepares all move-out material for property manager.
- Prepares copies of all materials to be sent for government
compliance. Maintains compliance reporting information monthly.
- Prepares completed move-in packets and maintains a supply of
all pertinent materials.
- Enters marketing information, installs resident, enters vacate
notices, prints reports on YARDI computer program.
- Assists with subsidy administration in accordance with HUD
rules and regulations.
- Collects rent payments and makes bank deposits on a daily
- Assists property manager in making purchases in accordance with
budget specifications and guidelines.
- Tracks budget variances and brings those variances to the
attention of the property manager.
- Sends notices and makes phone calls for any late rent.
- Makes appointments, shows apartments, takes and verifies
applications to completion.
- Shops comparable projects in the market place monthly.
- Answers incoming calls.
- Greets all visitors.Updates all applicable referral
- Follows up on all prospective residents in a timely manner.
- Keeps resident files up-to-date.
- Prepares market survey report monthly.
- Fills out maintenance service requests and makes
- Takes reservations for community facilities and keeps staff
abreast of specific setups.
- Informs management of common areas in need of cleaning and
- Inspects daily curb-appeal to include pristine condition of
model apartment and suite.
- Informs residents of items in the management office belonging
- Aids in keeping management office and lobby area neat and clean
at all times.
- Keeps resident listings up-to-date.
- Handles resident complaints in a timely and professionally.
- Coordinates resident functions.
- Acts as property manager in property manager's absence.
- Assists with move-in / move-out procedures, including unit
inspections, security deposit processing and unit preparations.
- Works closely with resident services staff to meet resident
service needs individually and as a group.
- Updates turnover information on a daily basis.
- Works on the first and last day of each month.
- Prepares move-out letters and instructions.
- Manages lease renewal program & resident programs.
- Works overtime as needed.
- Knowledge of government housing subsidy programs.
- One year leasing or property management experience
- Office hours may vary due to the specific needs of the property
as determined by the property manager or regional manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Exceptional sales skills.
- Basic word processing and spreadsheet knowledge. (Microsoft,
- Demonstrates a clear understanding and consistent use of YARDI
- Typing skills.
- Detail oriented and accuracy with numbers.
- Proficient office skills including organizational
- Exemplary time management skills.
- Knowledge of fair housing and applicable compliance
- Willingness to learn.
- Willingness to assist above and beyond as part of "the
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively managing multiple
projects or tasks.
- Post secondary coursework in property management, business,
real estate or equivalent experience preferred.
- Post high school education preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Reaching above and below the shoulders.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to file for extended periods of time.
- Ability to open and close file drawers.
- Ability to withstand external weather conditions.
- Smoke free environment.
- Moderate noise level.
Keywords: CommonBond Communities, St. Paul , Assistant Property Manager - Saint Paul, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!