Human Resources Manager
Company: LS Black Constructors, Inc.
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Position Summary:The Human Resources Manager performs all
aspects of human resources including the development,
implementation, and integrity of human resources polices and core
processes, managing the employee life cycle process, complying with
all federal and state regulatory compliance requirements,
responding to employee inquires, and serving as a key HR partner to
managers and Executive Leadership Team. This role will also be
responsible for working with the Executive Leadership Team to
structure, plan, and build-out the HR function of a growing
- Maintain stewardship of LS Black's culture and core
- Serve as the key HR partner to the Executive Leadership Team by
developing and communicating key initiatives designed to align
talent with business needs.
- Recognizes HR needs for a growing organization and works with
ELT to strategically develop and improve the HR function.
- Provide counsel and support to managers and supervisor on
employee related issues.
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics and
- Manage the Employee Life Cycle core process:
- job descriptions
- development and training
- performance management
- engagement and retention
- Develop, maintain, communicate, and ensure the integrity of HR
related policies and procedures.
- Manage EEO and affirmation action plan annual compliance to
achieve plan goals.
- Administer compensation and benefits including annual benefits
renewal utilizing online software.
- Secure and maintain employee documentation and files in
electronic and paper form.
- Ensure timely regulatory compliance and reporting.
- Create and distribute internal communications regarding status
changes, benefits, or company policies.
- Manage various leave requests.
- Investigate complaints brought forward by employees.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state employment
law and compliance requirements.Qualifications:Required: :
- 8+ years in Human Resources with a solid background in
recruiting, employee development, performance management, federal
contracting requirements, and compensation and benefits
- Knowledge of Federal Contractor requirements including
Affirmative Action Plan compliance, sourcing of women, minorities,
vets and persons with disabilities, and policy training.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with managers
and staff at all levels
- Ability to secure and maintain confidential information.
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong computer skills including experience utilizing ATS and
benefit enrollment software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organization and time
- Motivated self-starter with minimal supervisionPreferred: :
- Experience in the construction industry
- Understanding of labor rules including union obligations and
collective bargaining requirements
- Four-year degree in Business or Human Resources or other
closely related degree
- Professional designation (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-SP, SHRM-P)
Keywords: LS Black Constructors, Inc., St. Paul , Human Resources Manager, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!