Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: October 17, 2020
A trusted partner at nearly three million commercial customer
locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and
infection prevention solutions and services. With annual sales of
$13 billion and more than 45,000 associates, Ecolab delivers
comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights and personalized
service to advance food safety, maintain clean and safe
environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve
operational efficiencies and sustainability for customers in the
food, healthcare, hospitality and industrial markets in more than
170 countries around the world.
The Institutional GIS Manager (IT Operations Manager I) will be a
part of the GIS pooled resources (center of excellence) to support
expanded spatial-based business intelligence and territory planning
applications within route, district, and sales and operations
business planning. Leads the tactical and strategic territory and
route planning by interfacing with business leaders to apply
meaningful GIS technology and information that improves efficiency
of our field workforce.
The GIS center of excellence meets critical business needs by
improving responsiveness, effectiveness, and efficiency, through
innovative research, defined architectures, planning, and optimal
use of GIS and other business information and technology. Enables
universal enterprise data access by linking geospatial and business
attributes to effect efficient territories, measured service, and
Your strong GIS technology background and leadership ability will
build an Institutional GIS team that provides a consistent,
coordinated, and proactive GIS-based planning approach. You will
report to the GIS Director of the GIS Center of Excellence (COE) to
align new insights to business operations that increases field
service & sales efficiency through the identification and
application of spatial-based business intelligence. This position
could possibly be a remote placement.
Whats in it For You:
- Opportunity to take on some of the worlds most meaningful
challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food,
abundant energy and healthy environments
- Ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company
that is passionate about growth
- Support of an organization that believes it is vital to include
and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our
What You Will Do:
- Supervise a team of GIS analysts who are collecting, editing,
processing, and modelling mapping data from various sources to
produce deliverables that meet internal and external customer
- Interface directly with Sr. Leaders from the Division and
broader COE staff to apply analytical GIS information and processes
to help improve route and territory optimizations using multiple
criteria, routing models, profiles, and other spatial
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to ascertain project
purpose and GIS information required to support their business
- Consult with other IT sections to coordinate activities.
- Develop project scopes and objectives through hands-on
application, networking, research and use of applicable
- Keep up to date with new technology and investigate new
- Lead team members and the field organization to adopt GIS
outputs to achieve divisional and company goals.
- Assign subordinates to various projects, direct their
activities, review/evaluate their work, and communicate performance
- Leverage the broader GIS COE team to apply coding, geospatial,
statistical, and modeling tools to uncover underlying
- Meet key deliverable timelines to provide detail and summary
- Confer with and advise subordinates on administrative policies
and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Coach direct reports, business partners and end users in
understanding and adopting GIS information and analysis
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business,
Geography, Planning or related field
- 10+ years of overall GIS experience.
- 5+ years of experience using Esri GIS software products
involving GIS data development, manipulation, modeling, and
- 2+ years of experience with Esri
- Experience working with Esri Geodatabase, Model Builder,
Python, structuring queries and geographic and spatial methods and
- No immigration sponsorship available for this position.
- 2+ years of GIS Supervisory experience.
- 2+ years of Esri ArcGIS experience; including Network Analyst
tools and functionality including Location-Allocation and VRP.
- 2+ years of experience in fundamentals of Geocoding and Address
- Experience in SQL Azure and Enterprise Geodatabases.
- Experience in business analysis and applied GIS toward
territory & route design.
- GIS Project management experience.
- Experience in global projects.
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal
supervision and develop advanced skills.
- Ability to compile, review and reconcile data for accuracy,
completeness, and compliance.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and delegate assignments.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, database, and
- Interpersonal leadership and good oral communication
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and
we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can
grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal
treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote,
transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of
individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters
affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions,
and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against
any associate or applicant for employment because of race,
religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic
information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our
goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered
veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a
place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City
of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: Ecolab, St. Paul , GIS Manager, Executive , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!