Quality & Continuous Improvement Engineer
Company: Lawton Standard
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: March 20, 2023
The Quality and Continuous Improvement Engineer will provide
support to the quality management team and inspectors, as well as
the Foundry and Pattern Shop by checking the progression of in
process castings and patterns. - Assist all staff to ensure quality
standards are met and issue corrective actions as needed throughout
the organization. Assist with development of current and future
product processes. Work with internal and external customers to
interpret requirements and manage corrective actions in order to
drive continual improvement.This position will support the St. Paul
MN siteESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates Corrective and Preventative actions to Customers
- Manages the Companies Layout Inspection and Non Destructive
Testing (NDT) Program as required for final product and first
- Determines Inspection requirements based on Customer
Specifications and Internal needs to qualify processes.
- Performs First Article and routine inspections and documents
results as required by Customer Specifications.
- Evaluates results and provides feedback to Engineering and
- Trains new inspectors on methods and techniques of Layout and
- Sets up NDT Training and testing plan for each method per
ASNT-TC-1A and the appropriate ASTM standard.
- Manages all NDT and dimensional inspection equipment in
accordance to The Lawton Standard -Quality System and manufactures
recommendations to enhance inspection capabilities.
- Documents and disposition Non Conforming materials (Scrap,
Rework or request Deviation) and initiates the rescheduling
- Manages Damaged Goods inventory inside Great Plains to insure
Non Conforming product does not get shipped to the customer.
- Active member of Quoting and Contract Review
- Assist Engineering in New Product qualification (PFMEA's,
Control Plans, Capability Studies and PPAP's).
- Provide Customers required Quality Documentation as required to
obtain product approval.
- Schedules and Coordinates Customer Source Inspections and third
- Provides ideas to improve dimensional stability and the
manufacturability that results in better Quality and lower costs
for the Company and the Customer.
- Actively updates and communicates with customers on quality
related information and concerns.
- Supports Procurement Specialist by participate in on-site
- Facilitate and participate in Fishbone diagram and 5 why
meetings for root cause analysis of casting and machining
- Able to run the weekly Corrective action meeting in the absence
of the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Works with planning and production to schedule ABS and ASME
on-site inspections and is the onsite contact while they are onsite
- Schedules and facilitates ABS and ASME Re-certification
- Communicates quality issues at Daily tier 2 meeting along with
notifying production and Engineering if there is a MRB
- Facilitates MRB meeting.
- Manages the calibration of measuring equipment and the repair
of the equipment for the machine shop and the foundry.
- Works with the melt deck as needed to verify the thermocouples
are reading temperature accurately.
- Support Foundry Coaches, Working Supervisors, and line workers
in all quality-related aspects of the manufacturing process
- Participate in group discussions and team projects as
- Lead and oversee the quality department at the site
- Train employees on the correct procedure for making a quality
- Assist with cross-training of production employees
- Perform other tasks as assigned. -PREFERRED
QUALIFICATIONS:Education: - - - - - 4 year degree in a related
discipline.Experience: - - - 5 years of experience in a quality
assurance role in a manufacturing environment. -KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,
AND ATTRIBUTE REQUIRED:
- Understanding of Quality Systems and how they apply to
foundries and machine shops
- Knowledge of Foundry, Machining and Tooling related
- Deep Knowledge of NDT and Layout Inspection
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on defects
- Basic Knowledge of statistical tools
- Knowledge of the information systems required
- Ability to interact well with Calco personnel at all
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to problem solve and speak in understandable
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good understanding of working safely
- Clearly able to demonstrate core values of honesty, caring,
thinking, and success
- Team oriented, ethical, and trustworthy
- Flexible and able to adapt and embrace change
- Strong detail orientation
- Results oriented and self motivated.Benefits include:
- Fixed weekly schedule
- Insurance within 60 days
- Holidays and paid time off
- 401K with match
- Plenty of growth opportunitiesPay: $65,000-$90,000 per year
salaryNorthern Iron and Machining is an equal opportunity
employer.No Agency calls or emails pleasePowered by JazzHR
Keywords: Lawton Standard, St. Paul , Quality & Continuous Improvement Engineer, Engineering , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...