Field Service Technician (Level 1) -Longview, TX
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 28, 2023
I. Purpose of PositionAs a Field Service Technician, Level 1,
you will specialize in the installation, training, and basic repair
of Coats, BaseLine and Ammco aftermarket tire and wheel service
equipment at our end user locations. Our technicians also serve as
the primary resource for customer application questions involving
the use of our equipment, including proper technique and accessory
usage.II. Key Responsibilities
- Specialize in the installation and basic repair of Coats,
BaseLine and Ammco aftermarket tire and wheel service
- Advise customers with application questions involving the use
of our equipment including proper techniques and accessory
- Conduct installation and removal of tire and wheel service
- Conduct product training and demonstration during installation
of new equipment to end-users.
- Conduct the billing and collection for services rendered,
including processing invoices as well as collecting cash, checks,
and other forms of payment.
- Manage parts inventory and perform a cycle count of inventory
in each of the defined time periods.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.III.
- Interactions with, but not limited to, customers of Hennessy
products, shop managers, automotive technicians, and other members
of the tire and wheel services industry.
- This position will also have interaction with various employees
of Hennessy, especially employees of the field service, customer
service, and finance departments.IV. Education, Background and
- A high-school diploma or equivalent is required. A technical
degree in a related field is preferred.
- The successful candidate must have basic mechanical and
electrical aptitude as demonstrated by 1-2 years of
mechanical/electrical installation, repair and/or assembly, or
other relevant work experience and/or by completing relevant
technical education courses.
- Working knowledge of electrical systems, pneumatics, and
hydraulics, including the ability to read schematics and use the
appropriate testing devices proficiently preferred.
- Minimum 1 2 years Customer Service experience with a
demonstrated dedication to and a history of providing outstanding
service and support as well as a positive, professional, proactive
presence that will develop confidence, trust, and respect with our
customers is required.
- Ability to plan, schedule and coordinate activities to satisfy
customer needs on a timely basis.
- Outstanding communication (both oral and written) skills.
- Able to calculate costs for the end users, basic math
- Proficient in computer and internet usage.
- Clean driving record with current legal state driving
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift and carry up
- Must be able to be bonded in the state(s) that you will operate
in.The COATS Company is a leading, global manufacturer of wheel
service, alignment, and inspection equipment. COATS engineers,
manufactures, and builds equipment, accessories, and consumables
for the automotive market. All of our products are built with
quality, durability, and usability in mind. To support our
customers and their COATS equipment, we have a dedicated team of
top-notch direct technicians all across the United States. We're
proud to be made in Nashville, Tennessee while supplying equipment
globally to our customers. Drawing on decades of expertise, market
perspective, and innovative engineering, Coats keeps repair shops,
tire dealers, big box retailers, and car dealerships rolling and
ready for rapid industry evolution.WHO IS VONTIERVontier is a $3B
global industrial technology company focused on smarter
transportation and mobility. Our six operating companiesGilbarco
Veeder-Root, Global Traffic Technologies, Teletrac Navman, Matco
Tools, Hennessy Industries, and DRB Systemsare united by a powerful
purpose: mobilizing the future to create a better world. Our
portfolio of trusted brands includes market-leading expertise in
mobility technologies, retail and commercial fueling, fleet
management, telematics, vehicle diagnostics and repair, and smart
cities. Vontiers pioneering solutions advance safety, security,
efficiency, and sustainability worldwide.Energized by our shared
purpose and values, we have a strong culture shaped by a deep
organization-wide commitment to inclusion, diversity, and equity
(ID&E) and environmental, social, and governance (ESG). Eight
vibrant global employee resource groups serve as powerful focal
points for connection, community, and advocacy, and we actively
support community causes through Vontier Cares. We offer flexible
remote and in-person, open-space work options."Vontier Corporation
and all Vontier Companies are equal opportunity employers that
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status,
disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected
Keywords: Vontier, St. Paul , Field Service Technician (Level 1) -Longview, TX, Engineering , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!