UXO Technician III (1202)
Company: Bay West LLC
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 24, 2023
If you care about the environment and want to do work that
improves our planet, consider joining our team! For over 46 years,
Bay West LLC (Bay West) has been a recognized leader delivering
Environmental Solutions nation-wide and we're proud of our stellar
safety programs and records. We're a unique mix of expertise &
strong tenured employees in the following services: Environmental
Consulting, Engineering, Emergency Response, and Waste Management
for a mixed portfolio of Federal, State, Municipal, &
Industrial/Commercial clients.Bay West is seeking UXO Tech I for
UXO support at is upcoming project at the Former Curtis Bay
Ordnance Depot in Curtis Bay, MarylandEssential duties and
- Ability to handle in a safe manner the vehicle assigned to
drive within and in the vicinity of the site.
- On-the-job training including, but not limited to familiarity
with the process, procedures, and equipment (e.g., geophysical)
used for conducting MEC-related activities.
- Supervise and perform the on-site demilitarization of munitions
of explosive concern (MEC), and handling of demolition
- Inspect and certify and/or verify Material Potentially
Presenting an Explosive Hazard (MPPEH) as safe or as to the
explosive hazard it may present for transfer within Department of
Defense (DoD) or release from DoD control per current policies and
- Other duties may be assigned.Other Skills and/or Requirements:
- Individual must have OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training, annual
8-hour HAZWOPER Refresher training.
- Valid state driver's license and the ability to pass a motor
- Graduate of US EOD school, acceptable Allied Nation EOD school
(i.e., Great Britain, Germany, Australia, Canada) or accredited
comparable UXO Technician Level I-training and with appropriate
experience as required by Department of Defense Explosives Safety
Board (DDESB) Technical Paper (TP) 18.
- Minimum of 8 years of EOD and/or UXO operational
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
often exposed to outdoor weather conditions, wet and/or humid
conditions, moving mechanical parts.
- The candidate may be asked to extensively to client sites
and/or project locations nationwide as part of their essential
duties. Candidate must have valid driver's license in good
- Must be fluent in the English Language-writing and speaking,
- Must comply with all applicable health & safety practices and
protocols, including health orders and regulations related to
COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Bay West is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value
of a diverse workforce. Bay West is an EEO/AA Employer
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Keywords: Bay West LLC, St. Paul , UXO Technician III (1202), Engineering , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!