Company: Bauer Welding & Metal Fabricators, Inc.
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Bauer is searching for a competent and experienced Quality
Engineer to join our team. In this role, the successful applicant
will be continuously creating a better way to meet quality
requirements. -This person is responsible for proactively leading
the successful operation of the quality department which includes
the overall manufacturing process. The Quality Engineer will also
be responsible for ensuring continual quality improvements within
the facility. - -Major Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing quality plans/processes for each
- Creating CMM programs
- Drive to create a natural culture of quality that is seamlessly
woven into the manufacturing process.
- Collaborate with other departments to create the best flow of
- Implement and communicate metrics to drive improvements to
- Provide leadership to sustain a quality philosophy and lean
culture throughout the company.
- Improve product and service quality through ISO 9001
compliance, problem-solving tools, prevention methods, and quality
at the source.
- Develop and maintain standardized work instructions for the
- Manage corrective/preventative action data - assist team with
actions to resolve nonconformities
- Compile nonconformance trend analysis reports and drive root
- Collaborate with Purchasing and Engineering to drive incoming
quality and optimum designs.
- Liaison between customer and supplier quality
- Single point, proactive customer interface on quality related
issuesOther Responsibilities: - - - - - - - - - - -
- Review, measure, verify, and record set up parts brought to QA
for production approval
- Handle conflicting/changing priorities to avoid inspection
- Conduct First Article Inspections and complete necessary
- Complete PPAP documentation as necessary
- Ensuring inspection equipment is calibrated and repaired as
- Perform other duties assigned by the Engineering Manager
- Demonstrate the company core values of Taking Ownership,
Striving for Greatness and Showing Our Customers We Care -Required
- Knowledge of all inspection tools and how to apply them, such
as pin gauges, calipers, thread gauges.
- Advanced print reading experience.
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances.
- CMM Programming, Polyworks preferred
- Strong Problem-Solving Skills, 8D and A3 problem Solving
- Strong PPAP documentation experience
- Must be able to create a plan to improve and drive to
completion across departments.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, facilitation and
- Proficient at figuring out new computer systems
- Must be organized and efficient
- Must be able to multi-task, stay professional and calm in a
- Thorough knowledge of ISO 9001 International Standard
Requirements for Quality Management Systems
- Experience with quality improvement tools and techniques (i.e.,
Lean, Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control and Failure Mode &
Preferred Education / Experience:
- Associates or bachelor's degree
- +5 years in manufacturing environment in a senior
quality/engineering role -Physical Requirements and Work
- May require occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Time split between an indoor office and on climate-controlled
machine shop environment
- Frequent noise while in production area
- Eye and hand protection are required in the production area
(employer provided) -Note:This job description does not list all
the duties of the job. -You may be asked by supervisors or managers
to perform other duties. -You will be evaluated in part based upon
your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. -The
employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
-The job description is not a contract for employment, and either
you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any
Keywords: Bauer Welding & Metal Fabricators, Inc., St. Paul , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!