Company: KFI Engineers
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: August 2, 2022
The Mechanical Engineer plays a key role in the successful
execution of projects. Reporting to the Senior Project Manager,
Commercial, this individual will provide technical and engineering
excellence, as well as successful delivery of work to our
customers. The Engineer is responsible for a high level of customer
satisfaction by ensuring expectations are clearly communicated and
managed - both externally and internally. The successful candidate
will also contribute to a dynamic team environment by being
proactive, communicating clearly and frequently, and modeling a
highly collaborative working environment.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIESSpecific responsibilities will include, but
not be limited to, the following:
- Prepares engineering documents and equipment specifications to
meet contracted scope of work and to ensure application of
Thermodynamic Principles (e.g., HVAC Engineering and Design,
load/energy modeling calculations, etc.).
- Basic understanding of Architectural, Electrical, Civil and
Structural Engineering construction practices.
- Develops estimates for assigned scope of work, and is
accountable for ensuring we stay within scope.
- Will serve as project manager for complete projects, overseeing
a project team.
- Support the business development process through input to
proposals, meeting and presenting to prospective customers,
- Provides work direction to other team members, including
subcontractors, as assigned.
- Approves final equipment selections and drawing
- Provides technical and engineering support to other
- Construction administration- leading and attending meetings,
renewing change orders, responding to RFI's.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED The successful candidate
will have a pragmatic and applied approach, while at the same time
bringing a creative examination of customer needs and solutions.
This person will have strong interpersonal skills to enable
effective interaction with Designers, Engineers and Project
Managers. This person will also possess strong communication
skills, and influencing skills, and has demonstrated the maturity
and self-confidence to work with colleagues and customers. The
level of seasoning we are looking for likely comes with a minimum
of 0 - 4 years of experience following graduation. For individuals
on the lower end of experience, preference will be given to those
with intern/co-op. experience. The successful candidate will be
naturally collaborative, and possess the ability to assimilate a
range of ideas, programs or alternatives into a set of
recommendations. This person will be self-directed, but thrive in
an environment where consultation leads to superior outcomes.
Additional qualifications the successful candidate will possess
include: - Knowledge in both Revit and AutoCAD
- Effective meeting management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Adaptable and agile, responsive to quick changes in
- Ability to establish rapport and credibility with customers and
EDUCATIONBachelors' degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
Professional Engineering Registration or willingness to pursue this
designation is also required. 4-8 years of experience
Keywords: KFI Engineers, St. Paul , Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!