Junior Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSentera builds an in-season field analysis tool
called FieldAgent with ML pipelines fed by industrial IOT devices.
We have troves of S3 data, a rapidly growing mountain of structured
vector data, and a phalanx of serverless bits that construct one of
the most fascinating views of agriculture. Working for Sentera
means tackling some of the most interesting problems in computing
to improve the sustainability and efficiency of the food supply.
Were not selling ads or building marketing tools. We work at ground
level and just below.Position ProfileOur team of Senior Software
Engineers are accustomed to high standards and high quality. We
require the services of a scrappy Junior QA Engineer to keep our
continuous delivery pipeline tuned, flowing, and flush with
customer delighting value. The ideal candidate will have a
meticulous attention to detail, exude kindness, inspire others to
high standards, and put their foot down when work doesnt meet those
standards. We need people who can do the work, expand the platform,
and build the team.We want someone who can move fluidly between
reactive and proactive modes and approach the problem of quality in
a strategic manner. You will be joining an experienced team with a
relentlessly tuned process. We will help you develop your innate
interest in QA automation and steward your development in the
software development process. You will need to be able to adapt to
the team but bend the long arc of development toward
- Influence and guide the evolution of the agile process.
- Manually test stories that are ready for QA.
- Perform exploratory testing on new feature categories.
- Document test plans and communicate defects in GitHub with
grace and precision.
- Track and refine test plans in a way thats repeatable and
transferable to new team members.
- Pursue and strategize the appropriate level of test
- Strong opinions and good strategies for measuring and
communicating the level of quality in our
- Ability to work within the maintenance and evolution of our
- Diverse experience on a variety of platforms such as web,
mobile, desktop and backend services
- Jira skills or Jira curiosity; you're ready to master the
- Understanding or familiarity with Agile/Scrum
- Deep passion and verifiable experience building software
- QA Automation skills in Cypress or a related e2e testing
- GIS experience (big plus but not a must)
- A background and understanding of agricultureWe welcome a
diversity of ideas and identities Benefits& Perks...
- Competitive Salary and Benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- 401k with 4% company match
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance (Basic, Voluntary &
- 3+ weeks of Paid Time Off At Hire your first year (Not
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Wellness Resources
- Generous stock optionsAdditional Details
- Travel: No
- Worksite location: Hybrid preferred, but open to candidates
seeking 100% remote
- FLSA and Job Status: Exempt, Full-Time (40+ hour work
- Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United
States. This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
Keywords: Sentera, St. Paul , Junior Quality Assurance Engineer, Engineering , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!