Company: Horton, Inc.
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: May 15, 2022
OverviewHorton, Inc., a global airflow industry leader in
reliability, service, and innovation, has an opening for an
Application Engineer to work in our Roseville Corporate
Headquarters (on-site). Why work for Horton?Horton is a family
owned, leading provider of on and off-highway engine cooling
solutions, worldwide. Horton is a global company with employees and
representatives in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany and more! We
offer our employees great potential for personal and professional
growth; competitive salary and benefit packages including PTO,
Company Paid Holidays, 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible
Spending Accounts, Life, AD&D, STD, LTD, LTC, Education
Assistance; and a dynamic work environment! Horton has long been an
advocate of the environment. In fact, it is proud that the products
it manufactures help reduce fuel consumption and noise. Horton is
continually improving its products, manufacturing and facilities to
remove waste, prevent pollution and protect natural resources.
Position Summary:Responsible for working with customers, suppliers,
and internally to customize Horton products to meet customer's
technical needs. This will include supporting designs through all
stages of development and production including helping with the
technical needs of sales, manufacturing, quality, and purchasing.
Manages the release of products to meet the needs of customers in a
timely manner, while ensuring products meet customer requirements.
The position will be specifically focus on the Off-Highway
Customers Horton serves.ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities:
- Designs new products.
- Works closely with customers to develop an understanding of the
- Completes initial design work necessary to provide engineering
prints and models to the customer.
- Coordinates and builds initial prototype designs.
- Coordinates and performs necessary testing and analysis to
ensure Horton and customer DVP and performance requirements are
- Works with the quality department to ensure all PPAP
requirements are met and provided to customers.
- Manages the release of products into production through
Horton's product realization process.
- Supports products in the field after release as required by the
- Tracks the progress of projects and manages project
- Supports the on-going improvement of existing product designs
- Provides design related support to the sales and management
functions, assisting sales staff to respond to customer
- Travels to customer locations with sales staff to observe
applications and collect information necessary for addressing
specific customer needs. (Domestic travel may be up to 20%, may
involve minimal international travel.)
- Attends trade shows and answers technical questions while
staffing the trade show booth.
- Participates in the process of screening suppliers and their
products for use by Horton.
- Provide technical customer service in the field, which helps
customers to be successful in their application of company
- Meets with various levels of customer staff, including decision
makers and product users, to resolve problems with product
- Helps maintain field service-related working files to track
product trends on problems and issues and reports to the
Engineering Manager when a product shows signs of potential
- Works with Engineering Manager, Sales account personnel and
Warranty Manager to resolve matters regarding the warranty of sold
- Coordinates product field tests to determine production use
suitability of new or improved designs.
- Collection of performance information in the field and the
writing of detailed reports that provide design development
information to the engineering staff.
- Provide technical training in support of Horton
employees.QualificationsRequired QualificationsBS in Engineering;
CAD; GDT; FEA; DFMEA; DFMDFA; Finances; Reliability Testing;
Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Fan Basics; Viscous
Clutch; On/Off Clutch Basics; and Vibration Test Results Analysis.
Must be able to show legal authorization to work in the United
States. No Visa sponsorship provided. Relocation allowance may be
provided if the individual has all of the necessary qualifications.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply,
qualified candidates should log onto . EOE.
Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
For more information on Horton, Inc. please visit our web site at .
No recruiters and no phone calls, please. VEVRAA
contractor/subcontractor Requesting Priority Referral of Protected
Keywords: Horton, Inc., St. Paul , Application Engineer, Engineering , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!