Light Duty Gas Technician
Company: First Transit
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Light Duty Gas Technician
All Ford Light-Duty Gas Engine Fleet!
First Transit, a leader in fixed-route, paratransit, shuttle bus
and fleet maintenance services, is now hiring a Fleet Technician
III with strong mechanical and diagnostic skills!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Up to $30/HR based on experience & qualifications (NOT flat
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots, tools, and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
Light Duty Gas Technician III Major Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair under minimal supervision. Repairs include brakes,
engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches
and other repairs.
- Remove, overhaul and reinstall mechanical components with
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections and
annual maintenance inspections.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval
- Lead road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and
- Moves vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Light Duty Gas Technician III Qualifications:
- Vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- Valid driver's license required.
- 5+ years of automotive repair employment experience or
combination of education & experience.
- Advanced diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are
- Must have appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE
certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test.
Apply today to join our team!
First Transit (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading
provider of transportation services, moving more than 350 million
passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500
dedicated transit professionals at more than 300 locations in the
US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: First Transit, St. Paul , Light Duty Gas Technician, Engineering , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!