Company: Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: April 3, 2021
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage the maintenance and repairs of the parish and school
facilities and grounds while adhering to all governmental (State,
Federal, OSHA, EPA, etc.) and insurance requirements.
- Perform work tickets as assigned by the Facilities &
- Submit and close work tickets, as necessary.
- Manage the maintenance of all mechanical equipment on campus;
coordinate and assist in performing all required inspections of all
boilers, water heaters, pumps, and other mechanical equipment, as
legally and technically qualified. Coordinate work with Facilities
& Maintenance Director as needed for expertise on major
- Perform and coordinate daily, weekly, and monthly checks of
boilers and other mechanical equipment as required.
- Occasionally perform grounds maintenance and repair. This
includes: regular mowing of grass, applying appropriate fertilizer
and weed control, trimming around buildings and shrubs, pruning of
- Perform snow removal as necessary for safety and use of
employees, parishioners, school families, students, and visitors.
Adjust schedule for this position and other maintenance positions
as needed to provide for snow removal during special liturgical or
- Manage building security and daily security protocols.
- Coordinate the need of major repairs to the Facilities &
Maintenance Director for developing the annual department
- Work cooperatively with the maintenance staff, pastor, business
administrator, headmaster, custodial supervisors and all other
staff to provide a safe, efficient, and effective pastoral
environment for ministries of the church and school.
- Initiate routine communications to leadership and staff to
inform them of expectations and physical plant needs.
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly schedules for maintenance
staff members and monitor quality of work.
- Train maintenance staff as necessary in safe and efficient
operation of equipment and completion of duties. Address concerns
as necessary in consultation with parish business administrator
and/or school principal.
- Maintain positive working relationships with outside
- Maintain accurate records and files of all activities,
chemicals, equipment and mechanical repairs and replacements in
compliance with OSHA and other regulatory requirements.
- Manage activity and assign staff necessary to support the
preventive maintenance program and projects.
- Alert leadership immediately to any incidents, accidents,
- Attend and participate in appropriate staff and facility
management meetings and training, in addition to all Archdiocesan
and state required training.
- Participate in creating a productive, harmonious environment,
promoting good morale, timely communication and cooperative
- Be present where needed, ready to work and on time for all
- Manage and/or perform additional facility management, projects,
and maintenance/custodial responsibilities as requested.
- Ability to perform weekend boiler and building checks on a
- Ability to respond to facility emergencies. Job Qualifications
1. Minimum of 2nd Class C boiler license with the ability to obtain
a Chief C boiler license within a specified time frame. 2. Minimum
education: High school degree, Technical School training
preferred.3. HVAC & EPA license preferred. 4. Familiarity with
building automation systems.5. Familiarity with CMMS/BMS systems.
6. Familiarity with computer programs such as- Email and Microsoft
word. 7. Skilled in the use of hand tools and power equipment.8.
Skilled in electrical, plumbing, machinery and other mechanical
equipment repair.9. Possess a current, valid Class D driver's
license.10. Familiarity with most aspects of commercial building
systems.11. Successfully complete standard Archdiocese Background
Checks.12. Successfully complete pre-employment physical as
required by employer13. Minimum seven years' experience in
commercial building maintenance or similar employment.14. Minimum
three years' experience working in a supervisory role in commercial
building maintenance or similar employment. 15. Ability to work
independently to accomplish tasks within allotted time.16. Ability
to perform at a high level and deliver high quality work.
Organizational Name : Church of Saint Agnes, St Paul Organizational
City : Saint Paul Position Contact Name : Jordan Kern Position
Contact Title : Facilities and Maintenance Director
Keywords: Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, St. Paul , Chief Engineer, Engineering , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!