Substation Civil/Structural Engineer (St. Paul)
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Ulteig is seeking qualified candidates to work in our Substation
department for the position of Civil/Structural Engineer to work
from our St. Paul, MN office. The Engineer acts as a discipline
lead engineer or overall project engineer planning, scheduling,
conducting and/or coordinating detailed phases of assigned project
work. They will make design recommendations, adaptations and
modifications for foundation design, structural steel design, and
grading plans. The Engineer will perform calculations using
engineering formulas and skills and completes own design work which
may involve computer-aided and/or manual design calculations.
What You'll Do
- Applies current, standard engineering techniques, procedures
and criteria to complete engineering tasks.
- Develops plans, specifications, and observation reports to see
that these items are complete, accurate and in accordance with
sound engineering practice.
- Practices efficiency engineering as it pertains to design
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve
- Works closely with engineering technicians and experienced
- May work in the office or in the field.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
- Is technically involved with the resolution of design problems
that may include performing field investigation or
- Checks design computations done by others.
- Coordinates specific design aspects of a project.
- Performs detailed engineering design and evaluations within
- May devise new approaches and solutions to problems
- Prepares reports and correspondence concerning the direction of
- May participate in marketing, sales and business development
activities within assigned market.
- Demonstrates a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with clients to ensure
we are meeting their needs.
- Works closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline
What We Expect from You
- Bachelors degree in Civil and/or Structural Engineering from an
ABET accredited program or equivalent required.
- Civil/structural Professional Engineer (PE) registration, or
ability to obtain within 6 months of hire, required. Structural
Engineer registration desired.
- Minimum of 4 years of engineering experience is
- Knowledge of electrical utility substation layout and design
- Understanding of structural steel, drilled pier & spread
footing design and detailing required, grading design
- Experience using MathCAD, STAAD or equivalent, foundation
design programs, and/or other structural modeling software
- Knowledge of, AISC, and ACI required, ASCE & NESC
- Basic understanding of AutoCADD and/or MicroStation
- Proven experience in Microsoft Software Applications (Word,
Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Must have authorization to work permanently in the US.
What You Can Expect from Ulteig
For 75 years, weve built a culture focused on people both our
clients and our employees. We realize that a huge part of our
success has relied heavily on the dedication and focus of our
workforce; this is why we make investing in our employees a top
priority. Being 100% employee-owned means we take our own success
and the success of our clients personally.
We offer our team members:
- Flexible Workplace
- Employee Ownership
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Collaborative Environment
- Innovative Culture
Working at Ulteig is more than a job, it means you will be making a
difference. Our vision is to be among the most highly regarded
engineering and technical services firms in North America. Ulteig
connects people and resources to develop compelling, integrated
solutions across multiple Lifeline Sectors--, including power,
renewables, transportation and water. Ulteig's footprint spans the
country and leverages its expertise with a wide range of public and
If you would like to be a part of a company that empowers its
employees, apply today!
Ulteig provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national
origin, age, veteran status, disability and any other legally
protected status. Drug Free Workplace.
ACHIEVE - GROW - COLLABORATE
Keywords: Ulteig, St. Paul , Substation Civil/Structural Engineer (St. Paul), Engineering , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!