Minnesota Connections Academy - Secondary Math Teacher, School Year
Company: Connections Academy
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Minnesota Connections Academy (MNCA) is a tuition-free, online
charter school for students in grades K-12 throughout Minnesota.
MNCA's program is operated through a contract with Connections
Academy, LLC, to provide the educational program and other
services. Connections Academy, a division of Connections Education,
is accredited by AdvancED, and MNCA is accredited by the North
Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Working from your home or from our office in St. Paul, Minnesota,
certified Teachers will "virtually" manage instructional programs.
Through use of the telephone, Internet and various curriculum tools
they will consult regularly with learning coaches and students to
ensure that each child successfully completes his/her instructional
The Secondary Math Teacher will be responsible for the successful
completion of the following tasks:
- Complete all grading, create progress reports and conduct
parent conferences in a timely manner;
- Support the instructional program with asynchronous web
conferencing sessions and synchronous instruction;
- Review curriculum and devise alternate approaches to presenting
lessons to increase student understanding (working directly with
students and parents);
- Communicate with parents, students and other teachers on a
regular basis to develop and update Personal Learning Plans and
schedules, score assessments, provide feedback on student work,
suggest instructional approaches and strategies, monitor completion
of assignments and coach special projects;
- Work collaboratively with other teachers to ensure that all
students are successfully progressing through the program, that
parents have a central point of contact, and that tasks are
distributed among the teachers;
- Develop a general knowledge of the entire program's K-12
curriculum and a very detailed knowledge of the courses for which
- Support students and parents with alternate strategies and
provide additional assistance with daily assignments and
- Communicate regularly with parents, students, and curriculum
specialists through use of computer and telephone;
- Keep student records and data up-to-date, including cumulative
files, online student and family information, attendance
accounting, and logging all student and parent contacts;
- Consult with other teachers and staff learning specialists to
develop alternate enrichment activities and modifications to
students' programs to increase student understanding;
- Work with other teachers to coordinate social activities and
relevant field trips for students;
- Manage regional field trips and make efforts to integrate trips
into the curriculum;
- Devise and implement virtual methods of creating and
maintaining a "school community";
- Participate in the organization and administration of the State
Testing, as directed;
- Participate in student recruiting sessions and other marketing
efforts that require teacher representation;
- Work with Advisory Teachers and School counselor to ensure
students and families are receiving appropriate communications,
students are making adequate progress and established goals are
- Attend field trips and other community activities implemented
for families; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highly qualified and certified to teach Secondary Math in
Minnesota (appropriate to grade level and content area
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Customer focused approach.
- High degree of flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced
- Team player track record.
- Willingness to travel on occasion for marketing and state
testing events (may require occasional overnight travel).
- Ability to work remotely, if necessary.
- Ability to work some occasional evening hours, as needed to
support some families.
Minnesota Connections Academy strives to create an inclusive
environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we
serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a
workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and
Keywords: Connections Academy, St. Paul , Minnesota Connections Academy - Secondary Math Teacher, School Year, Education / Teaching , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!