Executive Ofc and Admin Spec
Company: University of Minnesota
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Apply for JobJob ID353604
Employee ClassAFSCME Unit 6 - Clerical
Add to Favorite JobsEmail this JobAbout the Job
50%: Administrative Support for Departmental Faculty
- Provide primary administrative support for the OBGYN division
faculty/providers and clinical staff.
- Provide secondary administrative support for the MFM, Gyn Onc
and UroGyn division faculty/providers and clinical staff.
- Manage faculty calendars and schedule meetings, including
making decisions on a daily basis regarding the clinical faculty's
- Responsible for clinic and hospitalist schedules and enter data
into online scheduling software.
- Assist faculty with the preparation of promotion dossiers and
annual faculty reviews.
- Provide support with composition, word processing, editing, and
formatting correspondence, curriculum vitae,
manuscripts/reviews/abstracts, bibliographies, grant paperwork and
reports, and Promotion and Tenure dossiers.
- Assist with travel arrangements for faculty (airline
reservations, hotel reservations, and meeting registration) related
to conferences and speaking engagements.
- Assist with recruitment and onboarding process for new
- Work with Biomedical Library liaison and staff to perform
50%: Departmental and Administrative Team Support
- Provide administrative support to the OBGYN Promotion and
Tenure Committee, Post-Tenure Review Committee and Probationary
Faculty Review Committee.
- Project lead for departmental e-newsletter and departmental
- Assist with departmental events e.g. receptions, retreats,
- Assist with the office operations of the Maternal Fetal
Medicine and Women's Health Specialist office locations.
- Serve as departmental and division information source,
answering and triaging phone calls.
- Process finance transactions including expense payments,
employee reimbursements, purchasing card transactions, and travel
- Assist with recruitment and onboarding process for new
- Maintain and order office supplies and equipment, with the
assistance of the student worker.
- Assist with tracking and processing of documents for
promotions, probations, and terminations.
- Special projects as assigned.Hourly Rate: $18.95-$28.88/hr
- High School Diploma/GED and four (4) years of related office
and administrative experience. Training/education may be
substituted for up to two (2) years of experience.
- Project coordination/collaboration and/or event planning
- Customer service oriented.
- Computer experience using Google calendar and Gmail, MS Office
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, at a minimum) and maintaining calendars
for multiple individuals.Preferred qualifications:
- Experience scheduling complex meetings with multiple
participants using various electronic calendar systems and
arranging event details (i.e., room scheduling, catering,
- Experience assisting with project management.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including proficiency
with Microsoft Office and electronic calendars.
- Knowledge of and experience with electronic medical records,
audio/visual technology and equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of financial policies and
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
(written & verbal) to include proactive dissemination of
information; proficiency in grammar, punctuation, and
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational and problem-solving
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced
environment, work independently, show initiative, meet deadlines,
and provide administrative support to multipleAll required
qualifications must be documented on application materials
Working at the UniversityAt the University of Minnesota, you'll
find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are
interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance,
allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your
life outside of work.The University also offers a comprehensive
benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training
and degree-seeking programs supported by the Regents
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) opportunity
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling
at no costPlease visit the Office of Human Resources website for
more information regarding benefits.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this
position, please click the Apply button and follow the
instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online
application for the position and attach a cover letter and
resume.Additional documents may be attached after application by
accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents
in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.To request an
accommodation during the application process, please e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity
and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its
employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is
committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying
identities and backgrounds.The University of Minnesota provides
equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance
status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U:
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful
completion of a background check. Our presumption is that
prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal
convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are
required to comply with the University's Administrative Policy:
COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof
of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or
complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or
religious reasons. To learn more please visit:
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)The University of
Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research
universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and
professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and
research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant,
diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in
Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with
world-renowned health centers, international corporations,
government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service
Keywords: University of Minnesota, St. Paul , Executive Ofc and Admin Spec, Administration, Clerical , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!