Recruiting Administrative Assistant (Temporary)
Company: University of Minnesota
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Apply for JobJob ID353161
Employee ClassAFSCME Unit 6 - Clerical
Add to Favorite JobsEmail this JobAbout the Job
Classification & Title: Executive Office and Administrative
Working Title: Recruiting Administrative Assistant
Percent Time: 100% (1 year temporary)
Work Schedule/Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm, hybrid with
possibility of 1-2 days per week of remote work. Hours and days may
vary depending on the units needs.
Salary: $18.95 plus DOQ
** This is a temporary one year position. **
This position is in the University of Minnesota Libraries
Administration office, providing support to the office of Human
Resources. The employee manages the academic job search process
mainly scheduling and administrative support for Libraries Academic
and Administration staff during open national searches, assist in
coordinating Libraries Human Resources projects as well as direct
administrative support to the Director of Human Resources and
Libraries Administrative and Academic Search Support 75%
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Human
Resources and Organizational Development, including scheduling and
assisting with meetings, preparing documents and assistance with
- Provide support of library academic job searches, i.e.,
scheduling interview dates, travel arrangements, create detailed
itineraries for each candidate interviewing on campus.
- Maintain database, paper and electronic file systems.
- Respond to and initiate inquiries with search chairs regarding
scheduling and administrative tasks.
- Explain search policies and procedures consult with HR Advisors
to resolve problems/questions.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor and Assistant to
University Librarian, keeping them apprised of upcoming projects,
deadlines, and workload issues.
Project Administrative Support and Coordination 25%
- Coordination of Libraries Human Resources intranet presence
within the Libraries Staff Website.
- Provide administrative support during new employee
- Support Libraries-wide projects and programs on an as-needed
- Other duties/tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED and four (4) years of related office
experience. Training/education may be substituted for some of the
years of experience.
- Proven strong computer skills, including Google Suite and
- Microsoft Office suite experience (Word, Excel, &
- Mail merge experience populating multiple merge fields
- Must be able to handle confidential and sensitive materials and
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing
projects in a timely manner
- Ability to independently perform duties with strong attention
to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team of colleagues who
represent a diversity of work styles and backgrounds.
- Evidence of high-level interpersonal skills, clear and concise
writing skills and the ability to respond to inquiries at all
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities while
still meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Professional demeanor.
- Strong independent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Working at the UniversityAt the University of Minnesota, you'll
find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are
interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance,
allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your
life outside of work.The University also offers a comprehensive
benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training
and degree-seeking programs supported by the Regents
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) opportunity
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling
at no costPlease visit the Office of Human Resources website for
more information regarding benefits.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this
position, please click the Apply button and follow the
instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online
application for the position and attach a cover letter and
resume.Additional documents may be attached after application by
accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents
in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.To request an
accommodation during the application process, please e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity
and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its
employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is
committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying
identities and backgrounds.The University of Minnesota provides
equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance
status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U:
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful
completion of a background check. Our presumption is that
prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal
convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are
required to comply with the University's Administrative Policy:
COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof
of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or
complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or
religious reasons. To learn more please visit:
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)The University of
Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research
universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and
professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and
research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant,
diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in
Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with
world-renowned health centers, international corporations,
government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service
Keywords: University of Minnesota, St. Paul , Recruiting Administrative Assistant (Temporary), Administration, Clerical , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!