Executive Administrative Assistant
Company: University of Minnesota
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Apply for JobJob ID352233
Employee ClassAFSCME Unit 6 - Clerical
Add to Favorite JobsEmail this JobAbout the Job
This position provides executive administrative support to the
Health Sciences Facilities Management departments. Responsibilities
include but are not limited to performing daily administrative work
processes. Works directly with and provides back-up to the District
Administrative Manager. Must possess a high level of verbal,
written and communication skills, with the ability to proof, create
and update documents using Microsoft Office, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Access, FM Contacts, TRIRIGA and Google calendar. The
position interacts, works and communicates with all HS FM,
University Service employees, therefore must be outgoing and able
to provide, interpret and complete administrative direction. Must
be a highly computer literate, multi-tasker, proficient in Word,
Excel (formulas, filtering and graphs), PowerPoint, Google
(calendar, CSV file sharing, forms, documents, sheets) and able to
quickly adapt to using internal software systems (Access, Tririga,
and Web Reports). This position ensures departmental updates are
completed, must be comfortable performing several repetitive
personnel, card/key access, mobile device updates/changes, and
- Maintains onboarding documents, forms, Personal Action Notices
(PAN's) for FM's HR and Payroll department.
- Enroll employees in online trainings to access medical research
buildings & areas.
- Maintains electronic database and employee files via (Google,
FM Contact, MS Office, Access, TRIRIGA, PeopleSoft).
- Maintains department AT&T website, orders new mobile
devices, makes equipment changes, updates contacts, user
information, suspends service, loads FM HS contact files and issues
mobile devices to staff.
- Manage customer and supervisor key and card access
- Process miscellaneous cost entries to project work tasks and
- Responds to inquiries regarding billing, purchasing, receipts,
outstanding invoices, personnel changes, facilities and
- Creates and closes, work orders, purchase orders and purchase
- Makes inquiries based on customer needs to appropriate FM and
University Services Departments.
- Uses computer software including Microsoft Office suite and
management reporting systems (i.e. TRIRIGA, Google, PeopleSoft, BI
Reports) to maintain data, generate reports and post department
- Processes accounting and purchasing card documents, develops
and maintains department SOP's and manuals.
- Manages Health Sciences Google calendars (meetings, safety
trainings, appointments) and plans and organizes meetings.
- Gathers data as requested and compiles information for
- Distributes mail and orders office supplies.
- Handles and plans Health Sciences Customer Meetings.
- Maintains electronic communication boards.
- Creates and maintains (paper and electronic) file systems.
- Schedules office phone and computer installations, changes and
- Schedules the use of limited office resources (meeting rooms,
laptops, video equipment, etc.)
- Assists as FM back up DFR and DRA for vehicle fleet, parking
and card access requirements.
- Maintains copiers, fax, printers and supplies.
- Maintains the organization of HS offices, conference rooms,
break rooms, and print room.
- Be a mentor for Student Admin.
- Lead organizer for Community Fund Drive, Employee Engagement
Events, and Retirements.
- Assist with interviewing Student Admin and Custodial
- Provide on-boarding training and tours.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.Essential Functions of
Executive Administrative responsibilities, customer service,
hiring, maintenance of paper and electronic personnel, financial
and inventory supply files, data entry, scheduling, mobile device
management, card/key access and computer proficiency. Responding to
and handling internal and external staff/customer inquiries on
behalf of the Health Sciences department.
This job may be designated as essential.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to
The work is performed in a general office setting.
- High School Diploma/GED and four years of related executive
administrative experience. Training/education may be substituted
for some of the years of experience.
- Computer experience is required, but a high level of computer
experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in Facilities/Construction Management
environment is strongly preferred.
Essential Qualification: Regular attendance is an essential
qualification for this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including
customer service and the ability to deal with difficult
- High skill level using a personal computer and experience using
MS Office Suite, TRIRIGA, Access, PeopleSoft, Drupal, Google
(calendar, docs, forms, sheets) for word processing, spreadsheets
and database retention.
- Ability to maintain electronic and hard copy filing
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced, deadline
- Ability to gather and analyze information.
- Ability to draft memos and correspondence.
- Ability to work well with a diverse population.
- Ability to be flexible with staff working multiple shifts.
Working at the UniversityAt the University of Minnesota, you'll
find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are
interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance,
allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your
life outside of work.The University also offers a comprehensive
benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training
and degree-seeking programs supported by the Regents
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) opportunity
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling
at no costPlease visit the Office of Human Resources website for
more information regarding benefits.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this
position, please click the Apply button and follow the
instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online
application for the position and attach a cover letter and
resume.Additional documents may be attached after application by
accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents
in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.To request an
accommodation during the application process, please e-mail
email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity
and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its
employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is
committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying
identities and backgrounds.The University of Minnesota provides
equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance
status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U:
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful
completion of a background check. Our presumption is that
prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal
convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are
required to comply with the University's Administrative Policy:
COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof
of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or
complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or
religious reasons. To learn more please visit:
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)The University of
Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research
universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and
professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and
research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant,
diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in
Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with
world-renowned health centers, international corporations,
government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service
Keywords: University of Minnesota, St. Paul , Executive Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!