IT Administrative Assistant
Company: Minnesota Attorney General's Office
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: April 8, 2021
IT Administrative Assistant The Minnesota Attorney General is
the chief legal officer for the State of Minnesota and is currently
seeking an Information Technology Administrative Assistant in the
Legal Operation Division of the Office. The successful candidate
should be comfortable in a professional environment and must have
the ability to multitask, be highly organized and detailoriented.
This position provides routine and advanced administrative duties
for IT department. This is an opportunity to be part of a team of
professionals whose common mission is to make a positive difference
in the lives of all Minnesotans. Why Work for Us: The Office of
Attorney General Keith Ellison - one of Minnesota's largest public
law offices - has a clear mission: we help Minnesotans afford their
lives and live with dignity and respect. We are a dynamic group of
dedicated people who could all work elsewhere but choose public
service as a calling, and we are actively building an internal
culture that supports that calling. We invite you to apply to be
part of the team that helps recruit, support and train dedicated
attorneys, legal assistants, investigators, and other staff, all
focused on helping Minnesotans. Responsibilities: You will join a
dedicated group of IT professionals that work to support all system
devices and applications used by the office. Primary
responsibilities are to provide overall administrative support for
the IT department and work with the IT Manager with purchasing and
budget tracking. Examples of Job Duties:
- Processing IT hardware and software orders.
- Researching IT requests.
- Work directly with the state vendors on requesting quotes,
processing invoices, tracking, and documenting orders in
- Managing software license agreement reviews with legal
- Working on IT budget with manager
- Managing and scheduling IT appointments.
- Reviewing IT departments timesheets.
- Special projects. Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Two-year associate's degree, or at least two years related
- Organization and prioritization skills are core element of this
- Be detail-oriented and have a strong work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple, competing projects and
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, Access, and
- Technical background a plus, but not required. Additional
Requirements: Selected candidate will be subject to a
pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
Additional Information: We offer a great benefits package! The
State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package
including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life
insurance-, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax flexible
spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation,
generous vacation, and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Service with the office may qualify applicants to have part of
their student loans forgiven under the federal student loan
forgiveness program that applies to state government employees.
(For more information, visit ) Note: The Attorney General's Office
greatly encourages, celebrates and values diversity. It is an equal
opportunity employer which does not discriminate on the basis of
race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or military
status. If you need reasonable accommodation for a disability,
please call June Walsh at or (Minnesota Relay).
Keywords: Minnesota Attorney General's Office, St. Paul , IT Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!