Executive Accounts Specialist - Continental Scientific Drilling Facility
Company: University of Minnesota
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Apply for JobJob ID352600
Employee ClassAFSCME Unit 6 - Clerical
Add to Favorite JobsEmail this JobAbout the Job
Executive Accounts Specialist
Continental Scientific Drilling Facility
Job code 1888
50% Account review, processing, and reporting (essential)
- Prepare and process financial journal entries and transactions
for the unit (daily, mid-year, and year-end).
- Research, analyze and resolve general accounts transaction
- Prepare budgets and reports for approval that meet the needs of
the individual PI (primary investigator) or business manager.
- Regularly review and analyze sponsored accounts.
- Verify grant/contract, ESO/ISO compliance (External and
- Provide assistance for the maintenance and development of
process improvements of financial database.
- Prepare forms required for sponsored project submission.
- Prepare financial data for ESO/ISO audits.
- Regularly run financial queries and reports.
- Communicate and coordinate with staff from multiple departments
and colleges to meet requirements and deadlines.
25% Purchasing (essential):
- Reconcile and assure proper use of procurement cards for self
and other staff members while verifying all procurement card
transactions are accurately rebilled to the customer.
- Must maintain eligibility for procurement card in order to
remain in this position.
- Prepare expense reimbursements forms for staff and visitors.
Obtain necessary information. Submit reimbursements and maintain
unit records. Act as a resource for staff and visitors regarding
reimbursement policies and procedures.
- Serve as liaison between the unit and College cluster for
Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivables.
- Maintain product and vendor information database.
- Order supplies (office, lab, special order, etc.).
- Check-in and register supplies as received.
20% Invoicing (essential):
- Review internal and external sales orders to assure compliance
with University policies.
- Work with customers and the Office of Risk Management to
develop contracts with external sales customers. Act as a resource
for staff and customers regarding external sales policies and
- Check invoices against price quotes.
- Prepare invoices requests for the College financial
- Work closely with staff to gather all administrative
- Act as the point of contact for customer questions concerning
- Work closely with a diverse group of customers to answer any
- Maintain customer information database.
5% Other duties as assigned
- Develop computer-assisted processes, guidelines, procedures or
- Attend financial meetings and other university functions to
keep current on changes and updates related to finances
(participate in FSUN membership and attend ISO-ESO training
- Other financial duties as assigned.
- Assist with workshop/conference planning
Supervision is readily available although the employee will work
independently much of the time.
- High school diploma/GED and four years of general accounts
transaction experience. Training may be substituted for some of the
years of experience. Specific knowledge/skills may be
- Addition to standard required qualifications: Experience with
PeopleSoft EFS accounting system (can obtain in a trainee* role
- *Trainee: You may be hired for this position, but must pass the
required training to gain access to EFS (University's financial
system) within three months of hire, or you would no longer be able
to hold this position.
- Demonstrated/Documented experience working with spreadsheets,
databases (FileMaker and P6), email clients, web browsers, word
processing documents, Google Calendar, Google Docs, and pdf
- Demonstrated/Documented experience working non-sponsored
programs and sponsored projects accounting procedures at an
- Demonstrated/Documented experience processing travel
reimbursements while following proper travel arrangement and
- Technical and Problem Solving - understands general accounting
functions and requirements. Able to reconcile reports and challenge
potential issues based on knowledge of University policy. Use
systems effectively to reconcile and report.
- Oral and Written Communication - Ability to interpret and
explain University financial policies. Respond timely to questions
and emails. Proactively inform supervisor of potential financial or
other critical issues. Experience with writing clean, concise
messages with accurate spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Experience with making travel arrangements while following
proper travel procedures and protocols.
- Experience with sponsored research accounting
- Demonstrated/Documented Professionalism and Time Management -
Uses time wisely to accomplish work duties. Displays good
organization and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team of colleagues who
represent a diverse work and conflict resolution styles.
- Recognize a diversity of problem-solving skills and how they
can lead to better solutions.
About the Department
The Continental Scientific Drilling (CSD) Facility is part of the
University of Minnesota College of Science and Engineering in the
School of Earth & Environmental Sciences. Funding for the CSD
Facility is provided by the National Science Foundation. The CSD
Facility provides leadership and services for the communities of
scientists requiring drilling, coring, and subsurface surveys and
monitoring on Earth's continents, on land and in lakes, serving
hundreds of research projects annually.
Working at the UniversityAt the University of Minnesota, you'll
find a flexible work environment and supportive colleagues who are
interested in lifelong learning. We prioritize work-life balance,
allowing you to invest in the future of your career and in your
life outside of work.The University also offers a comprehensive
benefits package that includes:
- Competitive wages, paid holidays, and generous time off
- Continuous learning opportunities through professional training
and degree-seeking programs supported by the
- Low-cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- University HSA contributions
- Disability and employer-paid life insurance
- Employee wellbeing program
- Excellent retirement plans with employer contribution
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Financial counseling services
- Employee Assistance Program with eight sessions of counseling
at no costPlease visit the for more information regarding
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this
position, please click the Apply button and follow the
instructions. You will have the opportunity to complete an online
application for the position and attach a cover letter and
resume.Additional documents may be attached after application by
accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents
in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.To request an
accommodation during the application process, please e-mail
email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity
and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its
employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is
committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying
identities and backgrounds.The University of Minnesota provides
equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance
status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U:
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful
completion of a background check. Our presumption is that
prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal
convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are
required to comply with the University's Administrative Policy:
COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof
of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or
complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or
religious reasons. To learn more please visit:
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)The University of
Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research
universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and
professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and
research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant,
diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in
Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with
world-renowned health centers, international corporations,
government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service
Keywords: University of Minnesota, St. Paul , Executive Accounts Specialist - Continental Scientific Drilling Facility, Accounting, Auditing , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!