Business Banking Officer
Company: Coulee Bank
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: August 4, 2022
This position is responsible for providing an expertise in
business development and sales activities for new and existing
business bank customers. Analyzes complete financial information;
designs loan structures; authorizes and/or recommends approval of
commercial loans. Responsible for monitoring their portfolio to
ensure compliance with all applicable standards, policies, and
procedures. Responsibilities include seeking markets, soliciting
new business relationships and enhancing relationships with
existing customers and monitoring creditworthiness of assigned
- Provides consistent superior customer service in a friendly,
efficient and accurate manner.
- Maintains knowledge of bank products and services and current
trends and developments in the industry affecting loans, including
legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provides loan information to current and prospective customers.
Interviews and counsels prospective loan applicants. Explains loan
options and alternatives (rates, types, repayment lengths, etc.);
assists with completing loan application forms, gathers all
pertinent information necessary to make loan commitment decision in
an accurate and timely manner.
- For certain sized requests, prepares cash flow calculations,
collateral coverage and calculates key financial ratios to analyze
- Coordinates with Loan Operations for ordering real estate
appraisals of applicable commercial and personal properties.
- Adequately documents all customer contacts with appropriate
comments over the life of the loan in a timely manner.
- Approves or declines loans to commercial customers within
specified loan limit according to Bank policy. For loans above loan
limit follows the appropriate protocol as outlined in the Bank Loan
- Works closely with applicable Loan Coordinator for document
preparation, processing and check disbursal in an effective manner.
Reviews loan documents for accuracy, and provides input to
performance appraisal process as requested. Presents completed loan
documents to customers and discusses approval/disapproval of loan
and loan terms and conditions to the customer in an effective
- Maintains current and accurate documentation of loan
information files. Maintains contact with customers to monitor loan
activities, past dues, loan file exceptions, answers to customers
- Visits loan customers as needed or scheduled to review
management of collateral in a timely manner.
- Reviews assigned loan portfolio and discusses classification
changes needed with the Chief Credit Officer for appropriateness of
reserve for loan loss.
- Responsible for collection activities relating to loans,
reports results to Chief Credit Officer. Contacts customers to
determine the reason for the past due condition and helps them to
bring their account current; counsels customers with financial
problems to determine alternative courses of action. May prepare
notices to cure default, summons or complaints, replevins,
voluntary surrenders, docket judgements and request financial
disclosures, garnishments, account histories. May attend court
hearings when necessary.
- Keeps current in areas of responsibility through appropriate
professional reading, seminars, etc., especially as it relates to
lending laws, rules and regulations.
- Participates in local organizations, clubs to promote Coulee
Bank and to support the community. May be required to speak
publicly and represent the Bank in community events. Education &
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, or
sales related field; or equivalent combination of education and
- Minimum 3 years of commercial lending and credit
- Knowledge of commercial credit and cash management products.
The likely salary range for this position is $75,000 - $100,000
annually with an opportunity to earn incentives based on
production. This is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or
salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic
location and other requirements and could fall outside of this
Keywords: Coulee Bank, St. Paul , Business Banking Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!