Company: Planned Parenthood
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Planned Parenthood North Central States
Accounting Associate - St. Paul, MN
Starting salary for candidate who meets minimum requirements:
Experience will be compensated.
Paid training is provided for all positions.
Typical Schedule: Full Time Hours: 40 hours/Week
At Planned Parenthood North Central States (PPNCS), we believe all
people deserve the right, the freedom, and the opportunity to
follow their personal ambitions and choose their own path toward a
healthier, more meaningful life. That's why we protect, promote,
and provide comprehensive and progressive sexual and reproductive
health care for generations of young people and families with
empathy, care, and respect. We are looking for passionate,
dedicated staff who are eager to make positive contributions to
their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
Click here to learn more: Our Mission
A Day in the Life
Under the general supervision of the Accounting Manager, the
Accounting Associate Under the direct supervision of the Accounting
Director, the Accounting Associate is responsible for all aspects
of accounts payable for assigned affiliates. The Accounting
Associate is responsible for following financial and operational
objectives which support the mission and strategies of Planned
Parenthood of North Central States. The Accounting Associate is an
advocate in implementing our mission of "Affirming the human right
to reproductive health and freedom." Performs other related duties
This is a full time position working 40 hours per week. Monday -
Friday, regular business hours.
This position will impact us with the following contributions:
* Provide internal controls regarding payment authorizations and
* Review payment authorizations to ensure that invoices are charged
to the appropriate entity, fund, cost center, function, and expense
* Update all forms related to accounts payable, annually.
* Collaborate with Departments to identify and implement process
improvements related to the accounts payable process-document
management, approval timeliness, etc.
* Disburse vendor payments weekly via physical checks, EFT/ACH, or
* Prepare Accounting Department deposits
* Track monthly recurring expenses (utilities, rent, etc.),
research and accrue for missing invoices for month end
* Support Sr. Staff Accountant reconciliations by providing timely
support for activity
* Prepare annual 1099s for assigned affiliate
* Coordinate with Accounting Associate to support escheatment
* Prepare audit schedules as assigned and provide appropriate
documentation for annual audits
The Ideal Candidate Brings:
* Associate degree in Accounting, or a related area, or equivalent
* 2 - 4 years of related work experience
This position is eligible for:
* A comprehensive benefits package, including:
* Medical, Dental, Vision
* NICE HEALTHCARE - free, virtual primary care for entire household
(in-home available for qualifying locations) Services include: 80
free labs, free x-rays and physical tests, live, virtual physical
therapy, 550+ free medications
* Flex Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Eligibility for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
* PTO, Float holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
* 2 Weeks Paid COVID leave, if necessary
* Coming soon - Pet Insurance!
Planned Parenthood North Central States supports people of all ages
in making responsible choices and planning their futures. We are an
organization committed to creating and fostering an environment
that leads to engaged employees, and we believe engaged employees
results in satisfied customers and exceptional experiences. When
you work for Planned Parenthood you make a difference in the lives
of those we serve by affirming the human right to reproductive
health and freedom.
Planned Parenthood is an affirmative action and equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, creed, sex, gender
identity or gender expression, national origin, age, veteran
status, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, size,
disability, socioeconomic status, or status regarding public
assistance. Planned Parenthood is committed to encouraging and
promoting diversity as well as providing access, equal opportunity,
and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in
employment, its services, programs, and activities. Planned
Parenthood is dedicated to an equitable and inclusive work
environment and encourages all interested candidates to apply
regardless of initial skill set.
Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of a background
Questions? Contact Jobs@ppncs.org for more information.
Keywords: Planned Parenthood, St. Paul , Accounting Associate, Accounting, Auditing , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!