Company: Abbott Laboratories
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries. Our location in St. Paul,
MN, currently has an opportunity for a Senior Auditor. We are
seeking an experienced, high caliber Senior Auditor to assess
effectiveness of SOX financial and compliance related business
processes and controls at domestic and international locations.
Identify the most effective and efficient approaches to mitigate
risks and continually evaluate the effectiveness of processes in
place. Promote the process of continuous monitoring of controls and
risk management, and work with management to develop potential
solutions for issues identified. Exercise judgment in planning and
organizing work. Perform special assignment and projects as
directed. WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Perform audit procedures of financial and compliance related
business processes and controls.
- This will include reviewing internal control documentation,
performing walk-throughs of key processes, performing tests of key
controls to ensure they are operating effectively and evaluating
deficiencies identified during testing.
- Perform other business process and compliance projects included
in the Internal Audit Plan.
- Create clear and accurate documentation of financial, business
and compliance processes and controls as well as test results and
- Develop audit programs including steps to test effectiveness of
controls in place to address risks.
- Report (orally and in writing) on the results of work performed
including recommendations for deficiencies identified.
- Establish positive working relationships with management.
- Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies,
operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintain positive and cooperative communications and
collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors,
and vendors. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING Required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, or related
- 2+ years public accounting or audit experience with large
company (including 1+ years in-charging audits).
- Strong understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley and audit experience in
testing SOX related processes and controls.
- 2+ years project management experience including the ability to
organize, plan, prioritize and complete assignments with little or
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor
in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to
effectively communicate at multiple levels in the
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely
- Ability to use discretion and handle sensitive/confidential
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as
attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 35%, including internationally.
- CPA designation or other certification (CISA, CIA, CMA)
- Manufacturing and/or international business experience highly
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division
business unit model preferred.
- Big 4 experience preferred. WHAT WE OFFER At Abbott, you can
have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development , with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communities Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse
opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength
to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity. Get tailored job recommendations
based on your interests.
- JOB ID: 30977614
- LOCATION United States - Minnesota - St. Paul
- DIVISION FIN Corporate Finance
- TRAVEL Not specified
- MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE Not Applicable
- SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES Continuous sitting for prolonged
periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Keyboard
use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday) Our business
encompasses many different functions and capabilities, which allows
you to explore careers in various fields.-- GROWTH PLANNING Growth
Planning and Performance Excellence is an annual process through
which you'll be able to have open career discussions with your
manager to help you determine your own career path and future.
TRAINING & NETWORKS We provide a wide range of classroom and
e-learning courses to help you develop new skills and enhance your
career.-- WE'RE RECOGNIZED AROUND THE WORLD DOW JONES
SUSTAINABILITY INDEX BEST CORPORATE CITIZENS FORTUNE CHANGE
---------------------THE WORLD FORTUNE'S MOST ADMIRED COMPANIES
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY We will notify you about relevant
positions, and keep you in mind whenever we have interesting
opportunities.-- Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our
workforce including Minorities, Women, Individuals with
Disabilities and Protected Veterans. We provide reasonable
accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Unless
otherwise specified, all product and service names appearing in
this Internet site are trademarks owned by or licensed to Abbott,
its subsidiaries or affiliates. No use of any Abbott trademark,
trade name, or trade dress in this site may be made without the
prior written authorization of Abbott, except to identify the
product or services of the company.
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, St. Paul , Senior Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!