Senior National Medical Director, Clinical Integrations - Telecommute - 906195
Company: Black Enterprise Magazine
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Senior National Medical Director, Clinical Integrations -
Telecommute - 906195 Medical Director careers at UnitedHealth Group
are anything but ordinary. We push ourselves and each other to find
smarter solutions. The result is a culture of performance that's
driving the health care industry forward. Instead of seeing a
handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for
years to come. Join us. And start doing your life's best work.(sm)
"" The Senior National Medical Director, Adjacent Clinical
Integrations will report to the OptumCare Chief Medical Officer and
will be responsible for leading clinical diligence efforts for
adjacent clinical services, and supporting the integration and
realization of integration synergies. "" The key measure of success
for this role will be rapid assessment of market clinical adjacent
businesses to care delivery, alignment on integration synergy
cases, with a primary focus on successful realization of those
cases/synergies. "" The role will partner with other Clinical
Performance, Market/Regional and Corporate development teams and
manage through relationships and influence. "" The position is
responsible for aligning key business operations across Optum Care
Delivery and assure delivery on annual synergy targets expected to
exceed 100M. "" Youll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from
anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. ""
Primary Responsibilities: ""
- Provide executive leadership and support for enterprise wide
initiatives around adjacent business integrations into OptumCare
- Partner with other executive leaders to identify clinically
adjacent businesses that support achievement of the quadruple aim
within OptumCare Delivery ""
- Lead the development of clinically relevant and sound
integration synergy cases and strategies by market/region ""
- Support the development of detailed implementation plans by
- Sheppard new acquisitions on their journey of integration
leading with culture and adaptive change ""
- Assure achievement of corporate development synergy targets of
identified businesses ""
- Given the complex nature of OptumCare, the ability to achieve
goals through a combination of direct and indirect influence will
be critical ""
- Lead through influence the medical leadership of varying
businesses and their corresponding hierarchies across the country
with expectations to grow over time ""
- Direct the design and delivery of extremely complex business
solutions within the Enterprise teams and across multiple
cross-matrixed market/regional teams ""
- Assist in increasing collaboration and driving results with the
OptumCare Care Delivery Organizations. ""
- Support overall regional and corporate goals to ensure
continued growth and profitability ""
- Promote an environment of understanding of the market nuances
to drive cross functional team synergy ""
- Ensure compliance with all requirements (e.g., FTC, CMS, NCQA,
Health Plan, state) """ Youll be rewarded and recognized for your
performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you
clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as
provide development for other roles you may be interested in. """
Required Qualifications: ""
- M.D./D.O. Board Certified in a post graduate clinical
specialty; Internal Medicine, Geriatrician, General Surgery or
Family Medicine ""
- Must have an unrestricted license to practice medicine in any
- Prior experience as a Senior Medical Director, CMO or CCO for a
large medical group, or payer ""
- 15+ years of experience in the healthcare industry in a medical
administrative role (work in the payer and provider fields both a
- 15+ years of experience leading and mentoring physicians and
- 10+ years of experience with clinical governance ""
- 10+ years of experience with acquisition targeting, assessment,
and integration ""
- 5+ years minimum actual practice and patient care experience
- 5+ years of experience with bridging clinical practice and
financial performance ""
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the
ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering
your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth
Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site
each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must
comply with any state and localmasking orders. In addition, when in
a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a
mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained. ""
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients
and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role.
""" Familiarity with the following is key: ""
- Medicare, Commercial, and Medicaid benchmark and trend data;
Medicare/Medicaid Cost of care metrics; Payment methodologies
including fee for service (CMS-1500, CMS UB 04);Broad and
comprehensive knowledge of the care of patients in outpatient care
settings including but not limited to Clinics, Ambulatory Surgery,
Procedure labs, etc. Health plan finance reporting; care models and
staffing models ""
- Solid understanding of managed care systems, quality
improvement, patient and provider experience ""
- Demonstrated ability to lead and drive change ""
- Proven ability to develop strategies, plans, tactics and
interventions and partner across organizations for implementation
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly matrixed organization
- Knowledgeable on delegation in managed care and on how to
establish newly delegated entities ""
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Excellent presentation, writing, and negotiation skills ""
- Outstanding organizational skills ""
- Strong consulting skills ""
- Ability to influence others ""
- Proven ability to work with people at multiple levels of the
organization, multiple functions of an organization, and multiple
- Demonstrated leadership skills ""
- Must be able to travel up to 75%, or as determined by business
need """ UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care
system of tomorrow. "" Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on
innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little
higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the
end of the day, we're doing a lot of good. "" Through our family of
businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a
high-performance health care system that works better for more
people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our
team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
"" Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your
passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and
knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
"" The salaryrange for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200.
Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to
education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of
this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following
benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility
requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program;
flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation
costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life
insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term
disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee
Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and
accident insurance. "" *All Telecommuters will be required to
adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy. ""
" Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is
an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law. "" UnitedHealth Group
is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug
test before beginning employment. ""
" Job Keywords: Senior Medical Director, National Medical Director,
Telecommute Medical Director
" UnitedHealth Group is the most diversified health care company in
the United States and a leader worldwide in helping people live
healthier lives and helping to make the health system work better
Keywords: Black Enterprise Magazine, St. Paul , Senior National Medical Director, Clinical Integrations - Telecommute - 906195, Accounting, Auditing , Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!